Thread: Where is IP modem setting in BES while using Blackberry as MODEM?

Where is IP modem setting in BES while using Blackberry as MODEM?

I am big fond of Blackberry phone. Well I am currently using BES version of 4.0. Well I am having a very simple question to ask you all. Well I want to know where the setting to enable or disable the settings of blackberry phone to work as Modem. Well I want to know where exactly IP modem settings is located? Well I have searched on Google regarding this particular problem but I have not found any thing relevant to this particular situation. Please let me know if you are having any idea to meet my requirement. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Where is IP modem setting in BES while using Blackberry as MODEM?

In this particular situation I would like to say that this rule helps you to run your Blackberry phone as Integrated IP Modem. By default any user can make use of this integrated IP modem application. By default value for this particular policy is yes. If you select No then BlackBerry Desktop Manager will not show integrated IP modem application. Hence any user will not be able to utilize integrated IP modem application.

I am not a technical kind of guy but I think no one can enable or disable modem functionality through BES. Well I have made particularly two devices that is Blackberry 7130e and Blackberry 7520 which can be function as modem. Well for Blackberry 7130e I did not tethered and even not installed any third party application. However I am using special plan for the carrier. In case of Blackberry 7520 I have installed third party application named Shark Modem. As far as I know I have not done anything with BES.

Well in this particular situation I think you have to Disable IP Modem Policy to true. Well using this setting you won’t be able to use your Blackberry handset as Modem. Well I think this setting can be set through IT Policy on the BES server on which you are being connected. In case if you are not connected with BES then I think that there should not be any problem. Anyway thanks for reading.