Thread: BlackBerry Curve 8330 vs Samsung Exclaim

BlackBerry Curve 8330 vs Samsung Exclaim

Right now I am using an i580 which was offered from Sprint service providers. I have never ever used a Blackberry neither any Samsung mobile phones so I hardly know about them. Now it is high time and I need to upgrade my mobile phone. I am tired of using the i580 and it looks more like a walkie talkie than a phone. Recently me and my friends were discussing about phones like BlackBerry Curve 8330 and the Samsung Exclaim as to which is a better alternative. So need some feedback please.

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8330 vs Samsung Exclaim

Verizon wireless provides BlackBerry Curve 8330. This phone has a GPS and Bluetooth system, it is a smartphone with very good call quality and has excellent messaging capabilities, along with a cute QWERTY keyboard. The bad thing about the BlackBerry Curve 8330 is that Verizon does not provide support for 3G streaming media services. It has features like the Outlook synching, calendar, 2 mega pixel camera with video recording, and even support for social sites such as Facebook and an extendable memory of up to 8 GB. Let me tell you that I own this phone and I am completely satisfied.

If I want to make it simple BlackBerry Curve 8330 is solid and well built in looks, has got Blackberry push email application, has got satisfactory GPS integration, but its web browser is weak, and there is no support of Wi-Fi system. There is a Blackberry trackball and a QWERTY keyboard on the front side, the trackball is something I love the most in this BB because it makes it very easy to navigate through the device. Is loaded with 3.5 headset jack, with a mini USB connector along with an application button which can be customized. If the mute button is pressed and held down for few seconds then it even acts as a standby button.

I am using the Samsung Exclaim for the last three months. I am satisfied with the battery life, I like the look and feel of the phone. Navigation is quite easy and smooth, but the call quality could be better, It has a dual slider with a comfortable keyboard, has a non standard headset jack and the external speaker is not so impressive and has a small frame size of the streaming video player. Have to say that this Exclaim has been successful in getting a good grip on the market. As far as I am concerned Samsung is not the ideal choice and you can definitely try the BB Curve.