Thread: can i Use computer to make calls from my gsm sim card

can i Use computer to make calls from my gsm sim card

I’ve a nokia 5800 mobile phone and I’m using a GSM card in it. I want to know that can I use any device to connect my computer to receive a call using a gsm sim card. I’ve dell inspiron laptop can I connect my gsm card to my latop if yes then how. please tell me is it possible to do so ?. please give me your suggestion on this. Give me the steps for doing this, I’m new on this I don’t have any idea of different devices which is used to connect computer, please guide me on this. please give some tips to do this.

Re: can i Use computer to make calls from my gsm sim card

I think there is no other device then mobile to accept a sim card. You have to connect your mobile to your laptop through a data cable wire of your mobile, but before that you have to install a pc suite software of your mobile. If you have bought a new phone then you have got a software cd with it. You have to install that software cd in your laptop. After installing your laptop will detect your handset when you connect it. You can send a message an email from your computer using a gsm sim card, but I’m not sure about the making call from computer. I think you have to download some software to do this, you can search on internet about this issue there are many forums website which provide the solution to this type of problem.

You can edit, erase messages of sim card in computer. You can’t make any call without mobile phone. you have to use your mobile for making call by using your sim card, because there is no other device than mobile to accept a sim card. If you have to make call on computer then you can use VOIP protocol on internet to make a call. On this you can hear a voice but you’ll not see any video, it’s not like webcam. It is a different protocol and it is specially made to talk on internet.

You can’t do that, because you need a subsciber device to receive a network. When you make a call it need a network to connect and it is available only in your mobile. You can’t connect your sim card to computer because there is no device than mobile to accept a sim card. You can send a sms and mail by using your sim card, but can’t do a call. There are many website on internet which provide a free sms and receiver will see your mobile number, but there is no website on internet which make your call using your sim card network.

I think there is no device which can connect your sim card to computer. You can connect your mobile phone to computer through data cable wire, but you need a pc suite software for that. You have to install a pc suite software in your computer, after installing you can connect your mobile to your laptop through data cable wire. After connecting, you can view the messages and contacts of your sim in your computer. But you can’t make any call in that, if you want to send a message or email by using your sim then you can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzing View Post
    I’ve a nokia 5800 mobile phone and I’m using a GSM card in it. I want to know that can I use any device to connect my computer to receive a call using a gsm sim card. I’ve dell inspiron laptop can I connect my gsm card to my latop if yes then how. please tell me is it possible to do so ?. please give me your suggestion on this. Give me the steps for doing this, I’m new on this I don’t have any idea of different devices which is used to connect computer, please guide me on this. please give some tips to do this.
    hay Tenzing

yes you can use your sim on your pc/laptop either by a usb dongle or som laptops can tack a wireless gsm chip. i have just put on in my laptop for browsing the internet and sending texts. as far as i know you cant make calls but there mabe software that will allow it.

here is a link to the dell site: http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...75883824506311

it is expensive but can get cheaper on ebay ect.

hope this helps