Thread: Fable TLC not running on a mac pro

Fable TLC not running on a mac pro

This is one of my favorite games, from my favorite Mac gaming corporation. The game itself is extremely attractive as well as engaging, if possibly a bit too simple at times. Has anybody is here had any troubles running Fable TLC on a mac pro? It is a brand latest system running an nvidia 8800 gpu (graphics processing unit), and each time it acquires past the opening videos, it quits out. I did not make out what may be the trouble that I am facing this issue. If you have any suggestion to this please let me know as soon as possible. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Fable TLC not running on a mac pro

I am also facing problem with Fable TLC. I have successfully installed it on my mac, however I can also into the game as well as play for a few minutes but after that it without warning quits, I am running v1.01 on a macbook pro 15 inch. I did not understand why it is happening. Please help me to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance for any suggestion to fix this trouble.

My recommendation is this: Try to play the game in a 1024x640 resolution. Several graphical effects will just work in this resolution. For example, the black plus white effect from via the extremely important "time stop" spell, will only function inside this resolution. In all other resolution I attempted the screen go entirely black at whatever time I used this spell.Furthermore, while playing you will come across several minor graphic glitches. Such as the water will have various odd yellow stripes on it as well as every now and then the game will fail to remember to draw a number of transparent hair or else beard texture. Note: this will not, by any means hold back you in playing. Those things are only cosmetic troubles, and, as the rest of the beautiful graphic is drawn flawlessly, I imagine you will not yet become aware of it most of the moment.

I followed these directions as well as the game installed appropriately, however I still have two troubles:
    1) At what time Fable initial launches, I obtain an audio/video error stating the intro video cannot play moreover there might be a trouble by means of my audio/video settings.
    2) One time game loads I obtain a black screen by means of a small graphic in the right hand corner. It emerges the game freezes as well as the only means to get out of it is to stop CrossOver games.
    I am having a Santa Rosa MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz by means of 2GB RAM as well as a GMA X3100 (144 MB VRAM). Will Fable not function by means of GMA graphics?

The trouble you come across is one of the macbooks main troubles. The macbook does not encompass a real separate graphic card installed. As an alternative it has several type of graphics chip. The trouble is, that many games do not distinguish this chip furthermore require your PC to have a real graphic card. For example I played fable on my macbook pro through windows (which is installed through boot camp) without troubles, while my brother by a macbook (as well as windows via boot camp) had the similar troubles with fable as you. So you see, this, tardily is a trouble connected to the macbook and windows games which do not distinguish this particular graphic chip.