Thread: Is there any difference In the working of the hosted BES and corporate BES

Is there any difference In the working of the hosted BES and corporate BES

Well I had to ask this question with you all since many days. Now I need to know is there any difference In the working of the hosted BES and the corporate BES. Well I did some research in the internet to get some ideas for this problem. Well I was unable to find any answers for this problem. Well I have a BES connection there at my firm but I don't have a local connection of BES at my place. Well I needed to know is there any options or the features that may be present in one while it is not present in the other. So if you have any ideas regarding such topic then do share it with me. Reply as early as possible.

Re: Is there any difference In the working of the hosted BES and corporate BES

If you ask me I don’t think so there would be any major difference. As per as my knowledge the basic features for both of them are the same and I don’t think so there could be any major difference there. I think so the only feature that you might be missing would be the tweaking feature. I think so the best option available here would be to contact the hosting provider, what additional feature can they provide in your existing system. so it all depends on them what additional features they provide to your system. do have a talk with them about the setup for the system. So do try contacting them and get your solution.

I think the main topic here would be to know who is setting up the server. As said by the above user it all depends on the hosting service provider who is setting up the server. As per as the functionality and the features that are concerned, all the features and the functionality must be the same. The difference that you can get is that certain bes has IT policies that may prevent you from doing some activities. Whereas the same restriction you cannot see in the hosting bes. You will have the independence of doing everything. You cannot put any IT policies in the hosted BES. Hence this independence. So I hope I have cleared out all your confusion. So do act on it accordingly.

Ok thanks for your suggestions everyone. Thanks for your valuable input. It was great to see such responses in a very quick time. Well I have got a fair amount of idea what you were trying to explain. So it would be great if you can clear out one more confusion of mine. Well after setting up the server, do I need to worry anything about the gprs/ edge service in my phone. Is there any difference in the gprs/edge service in the hosted and the corporate BES? If it is then which one would be the best one to sue for my blackberry phone? I know you have answered my queries please do clear out this confusion as well. I am waiting for your responses.

I think so this particular service like gprs/ edge and all depends on which type of the phone that you are using. The BES hoster cannot be blamed for this type of service. It all depends on the coverage that your cell phone receives. So stop worrying unnecessarily for such type of problems. You will get your problem solved. If you are thinking of setting up a hosted BES then do go ahead with the setup, it will definitely help you. I hope you are clear with all the confusions. If still you are having some doubt then you can clear it out.