Thread: Blackberry 9500 Storm – Unable to restore OS with Apploader

Blackberry 9500 Storm – Unable to restore OS with Apploader

I'm having problem with mt Blackberry 9500 storm which cannot boot (I got 507 error, LED flashing, reboot cycle) and which I can't reload the OS with the Crack berry nuked blackberry manual. After the preliminary "unknown device" emerges and I selected the next button I get an error about Apploader not capable to connect and cannot re. Any thoughts how I can solve that? I've also attempted JL Commander with no fortune. Have the most recent version of Desktop Manager and Blackberry Operating system installed, Win 7 x64 and no SIM is in the mobile if that makes a distinction. Any ideas are much appreciated.

Re: Blackberry 9500 Storm – Unable to restore OS with Apploader

Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN

• If you do not make out USB:UNKNOWN or USB: Blackberry PIN, then go after instructions listed from 1-5
    • You will require to Disconnect the mobile from the computer.
    • Do not close the Application Loader Wizard window during the application is in the session.
    • You can try to take away the battery and put it back once more and start the mobile and check whether it is working properly or not.
    • While the red led is on, you will require connecting the device to the computer once more. The led will simply stay on for a hardly any seconds
    • When USB: UNKNOWN come into view in the drop down list, you require to immediately select Next option from the list.

I have changeover through the version of 4.7 betas along with now I have the 5.0 OS builds. I searched thread on Crackberry which inform about a "wipe" when changing to a new OS build. I downloaded Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK), which is a extremely useful program. It permits you to back up your third party applications, which are misplaced through a wipe. I also utilize the DM to back up files, such as phone record, Blackberry contacts, etc. Then I wipe the handset with BBSAK, which is fast. I afterward load the fresh OS build with BBSAK, which on the whole hijacks the Apploader program. So you are in real meaning using the apploader.exe program with BBSAK.

I make use of the DM to restore my files, I only restore the phone / Blackberry contacts but not my settings. I understand from the thread that it is better not to. So I manually go back as well as place them up, which is not too much of a PITA. To me a "wipe" makes brains. Formatting the drive for a new install and is the less hazard for retaining any random bits of garbage that will cause not conflict with the apploader. So far this basis has served me well. No some will oppose because using the Apploader pretty much does whole thing for you in one shift. However you don't obtain the wipe. But, if you are seeking best possible performance from your phone, I dispute in favor of a wipe and the extra effort. BBSAK is a free sample on the RIM Geeks website, and straightforward Googling get it easily. So give it a try and make out if it resolves your problem I think it will.

I updated today. I utilized the Blackberry manager and I had no troubles at all. I have numerous applications from the "apps world" and they entirely restored. I discover the background switching to be greatly faster and was quite happy. Tried playing videos as well as the slider controls for silence etc will not come into view and vanish with a tap (build 148 wouldn't perform this at all). Afterward tried to demonstrate video to someone and the Storm locked up completely and I had to perform a battery pull. Sigh. Still not ideal.