Thread: Can Meego run in Nokia N8x0

Can Meego run in Nokia N8x0

I presently purchased a new Nokia n810 and attempted for installing Meego on it. Unluckily that time I m unable to install the Meego . I replaced as well as installed once more but no success I obtain on my cell phone. Both times I installed by means of the information provided in the meego boot menu plus in a simple choice. On one instance ended installing the maemo 5 inside it. So my question is it possible to have meego inside the Nokia N900.

Re: Can Meego run in Nokia N8x0

You will need to download the following in order to install the Meego inside the Nokia N8x0

• You will need to get the Meego Kernel for Nokia N810;
    • For N800 devices, check out this kernel: can obtain at rapidshare
    • You can get this MeeGo RootFS easily on the web;
    • You will also need Flasher to download in order to install it properly.

after downloading all this stuff simply install this files one by one and check out if it pop-up for reboot if it does then reboot the device.

I know there are lots of people that desire to test MeeGo UX on their Nokia N8x0 tablet.

This can be used natively merely on UNIX-based computer (Linux and Mac). For windows machines, I recommend the installation of and Linux (For integration between Linux into a Windows PC) or a Full-working VM with Linux.
    • Nokia N8x0 Internet Tablet;
    • A Linux-powered computer (Ubuntu favored) or an installation of as well as Linux on a Windows machine;
    • A steady Internet Connection;
    • Memory card (Can be utilized among the N810 Internal);
    • PV command at Linux - To install in Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install pv

I attempted to execute a kernel myself inside the meego (2.6.34, not from the Meego trunk inside the Nokia N900), and utilize the image make available by Stskeeps in my N800, but there isn't much I can perform now since I don't have a BT or USB keyboard. Does any person know how can I organize the system so it repeatedly enters a wireless network within the meego for the Nokia N900, or perhaps generate a USB network connection, so I can log in from my expansion desktop?

That most recent edition is not accessible as rpm in the public up till now. The most recent 1.2 version of the nokia-usb-networking should do precisely what you desire. You willl capable to install the most recent edition quite effortlessly to your device even with no rpm package:
    1. copy nokia-usb-net.functioning.nit from git to /etc/rc.d/initiate/nokia-usb-networking of the rootfs
    2. copy nokia-usb-net-configuration from git to /user1/sbin/nokia-usb-net-confd on the rootfs
    3. Boot the mobile and call: "/sbin/checkconfiguration --add nokia-usb-networking" after this restart and you should be place easily.