Thread: BlackBerry Curve 8320:amAze GPS

BlackBerry Curve 8320:amAze GPS

Hi Guys, I have downloaded amAze GPS installer from their website furthermore installed it on my Alltel BlackBerry 8320 via Desktop Manager. Installation goes very well with no problem however at any time I attempt to launch the application, it come back me through a "Communication Problem" error message. So I un-installed and re-installed the application but still have the same issue. I am on T-Mobile through NO data plan. The TCP setting is as well set to "wap.voicestream.com". As per my knowledge data plan is not an essential by means of amAze GPS. In any case the application should inquire for the user id and password to begin with?? I can after that carry on with pairing through the GPS. Do I require to alter some setting to get these to work? Please let me make out if I am missing something. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8320:amAze GPS

I also have Alltel 8320 and installed amAze on it successfully as well as it is running very well. After reading your post I think that you are having this issue because of the setting that you have done on your Blackberry, I will advise you to, go to Options -> Advanced -> GPS -> Menu and Refresh GPS. At what time you perform this wait up to 10 minutes for it to locate your satellites. Unidentified Number may possibly be that you require to enter your SIM phone number at options -> Advanced -> SIM card. Check whether your phone number is entered there. If not then enter and check once ore whether now your GPS is working.

I also have this communication problem error message and try to resolve it but I was unable to find any fix to it. So I upgraded my amAze GPS to 4.2 version. And after that I do not have this trouble. I would like to know which verion of amAze are you making use of, If possible I will advice to try the amAze Version 4.2, and after installing see whether your trouble is resolve or not. Please let us know about the result.

After all the above suggestion you are still having this issue, then I will suggest you to attempt resetting the firewall prompt in Options ->Advanced Options ->Applications. And after that restart your amAze GPS and see whether now it is sable to start. By the way I am making use of nav4all on my Alltel 8330 and it is working well. I am guessing AmazeGPS requires a data plan.