Thread: Is MeeGo compatible with touch-screen monitors

Is MeeGo compatible with touch-screen monitors

Hello friends, I have been hearing a way too much about the Meego operating system since it has been released, almost each and every one of my friend is using this Meego operating system on their gadgets. Although, I haven’t tried is still but I would love to have this on my system as well. But the problem is that I am having this touch screen monitors called lilliput's and that is why I am bit confuse whether or not this monitor will support the operating system or not. I do have a lot of important data on my system which I do not want to loose so until I am 100% sure whether this operating system will run smoothly on my system supporting all the applications, till then I am not taking any risk, so guys if some one can help me to know about my query please help me out.

Re: Is MeeGo compatible with touch-screen monitors

Although I haven’t tried it out myself as I do not own a touch screen monitor, but as I am having this Meego operating system on my system, I guess that this will surely be supported with any of the system or the monitor. As far as I know Meego is really a brilliant and intellectual operating system and that it is developed to go well with any kind of configuration available. Also, the operating system is dependent upon the hardware configuration of the system and that output will have no effect on the operating system that we want to use, so go forward and install the Meego and don’t worry you will not loose any thing, just back up all your data to avoid any risk.

Hey friend good its really good of your to search of the information first before really going to install the Meego on your system that is having a touch screen monitor. When I installed the Meego on my Lilliput touch screen, I didn’t had any idea so as what I am doing, although I did manage to run the Meego smoothly with the Lilliput, but that to was after going through allot of tedious hard work. Since there is no calibration tool that is available with the Meego distros as yet, so the only option that was available was to manually carry out the configuration so as to get the thing work with the Lilliput touch screen monitor. So I guess that to successfully run the Meego operating system we have to put in some effort to do so.

I have heard that there is some problem with the Meego not going smoothly with the egalax based touchscreens, but since I owe the same so I am very eager to get this Meego operating system installed on my system so that I can enjoy the high quality pictures and sound of it. So if any one really help me to get this Meego running in the system so I will really be very thankful to you. I don’t have that much of good idea about running the command-line tools, so please I would want to get some relevant and exact information so as to get the Meego running smoothly with the egalax based touchscreens.

I have got the Meego installed on my system with the touch screen that I am having which is based on the egalax and I would request you to, to carry out the same installation without any kind of fear at all. Also, one of the thing that is necessary with this Meego operating system is that evdev driver of Xorg which will help in smooth running of the Meego on your system, without this you will surely face some or the other problem, so its better to have the driver installed first.