Thread: Blackberry 9700 : How to remove Duplicate Calendar Entry's?

Blackberry 9700 : How to remove Duplicate Calendar Entry's?

I am currently using Blackberry 9700. I am facing strange issue and I have decided to discuss with you all. Well I am using BES 4.1.6 Lotus Domino on v5.0.0.423 (Platform 5.1.0.116). Well in my situation I am having duplicate calendar entry on my phone. I think there is compatibility issue between device and BES. I am not having any idea to work around this particular situation. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Blackberry 9700 : How to remove Duplicate Calendar Entry's?

Well I have seen many of the Blackberry users are facing the similar issue. Well looking at this situation I suspect that this particular issue happening due to Service book. I recommend you that you should delete service book for the calendar of your Blackberry phone. Now on your mobile phone you have to browse for Calendar and go for Option in Calendar menu. Now you have to select Highlight Desktop and enter reset from the keyboard. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter.

Thank for the prompt reply. Well I have done everything which you have suggested on your post. Unfortunately it did not help me at all. I had also searched on the internet for this particular problem but I did not anything to solve this matter. I am suspecting that there is a compatibility issue associated between OS and BES. Anyway let me know if you are having any other solution to solve the matter. Anyway I appreciate your efforts that you have put in.

I have done little bit research on this particular problem and I have found that this particular problem is found on Blackberry devices with document entries of the calendar. Duplicate entries of document were happening due to Save/Replication Conflicts in that why there were double entries of document in the calendar. Well to resolve the issue you have to move to All Calendars view from the Calendar menu in Lotus notes. If you are unable to see anything in All Documents then I think there is conflict which I have mentioned previously. Well you have to remove this particular conflict and see whether it helps you or not.

Well this is a universal problem as far as Blackberry handsets are concerned. Well I suspect that this problem is occurring due to lack of synchronization of CDO files between BES and Exchange. Well you should see that CDO file should match between BES and Exchange. Well to fix this issue you have to reload user and as well as rest your calendar. Another thing I would like to discuss is reoccurring meetings. Well whenever reoccurring meetings changes then it is considered as duplicate on the particular device.