Thread: Blackberry 8830 curve as Modem on Ubuntu 9.04 netbook

Blackberry 8830 curve as Modem on Ubuntu 9.04 netbook

I require serious assistance from all of you; I presently installed Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix so I'm a finish newbie working with Ubuntu. I require very straightforward step by step support installing an application that permits me to use my BlackBerry 8330 Curve as Modem and also want does this device support as modem or not. I don't really require backup my information, but it is have got to use it as a Modem. Can anyone please help me here; I've attempted simply about whole thing.

Re: Blackberry 8830 curve as Modem on Ubuntu 9.04 netbook

if you've completed installing barry installed inside the netbook and you trying to run the script if you are not getting the desire result, here are the APN settings that have been reported to operate properly on your netbook;

APN: private.centennialwireless.com (give your specific relevant name)
    username: AdamB
    password: !2345
    you will also require for going 'menu then go to options afterward select the advanced alternatives then choose the TCP/IP settings and be convinced that the "APN Settings not disabled" box is checked as well as if the "APN verification Enabled" is checked that the credentials match the above.

It’s just that in WICD there is an option to demonstrate wired connections or not and i estimate you need to it checked to not explain them but i checked it to show them currently and it connect to the internet easily. I've been fixing with it and run the following commands on my netbook to solve ne problem,
    Code:
    Vinsley@245g9r:~$ sudo pppd call barry-curve 
    [sudo] password for Vinsley: 
    Script /user1/sbin/chat -f /etc/converse scripts/barry-curve-chat completed (pid 3693), status = 0x3
    Connect script completed
    Waiting for 1 child processes 
    script /user1/sbin/pppob, pid 3692
    transfering SIGTERM to process 3692
    Vinsley@245g9r:~$

I think that technically it is not integrated. But you can still use it as modem on your ubuntu 9.04 I gone through various guidebook but it cannot find the appropriate solution but yes it is present on the web, but if Blackberry Curve finds out modem for your netbook, they can charge you for the data access.(which could get pretty costly for you). If you include the better Blackberry plan, it includes the phone as modem alternative, and you won't need to be concerned about that. (Unless you go more than the 5gb cap, but I'm not confident how strictly they're enforcing that regulation yet). It gets complicated when you include the BlackBerry part as modem. Most of the contract with BlackBerry, since you frequently have to pay additional for it, is you get PAM.

Yes, the Blackberry curve can be utilize as a modem but if it's on a compatible plan. The problem is, any of the fake plans known as the Simply Everything Plan, the lot Data Share Plan, Talk/Message/Data Share Plan, SERO plan, etc, are not compatible with the PAM service provider. In order to utilize the Blackberry as a modem, your needed by Blackberry curve to have a well-matched voice plan (A essential voice plan that does not comprise anything other than voice), in addition a $30 Blackberry individual Pack and the $15 PAM add-on. (Or, as an alternative of the $30 and the $15, you be able to instead do the $40. Unl Data Plan/Blackberry service, but you don't acquire text, Sprint TV, Sprint Radio, Sprint Navigation, or something like that.