Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 WiFi problems?

Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 WiFi problems?

Hello everyone. I recently brought Sony Ericsson Xperia x10. I have a netgear wireless router. when i try to connect my phone to the wireless network, it says no network found. When i manual provide the ssid it says obtaining ip address from netgear and then displays the message unsuccessful. I cannot connec to the wireless network. I want to use my wifi for internet. Can anyone guide me with this? Do i have to change any settings in my router so that it can let my phone connect? Please advice...

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 WiFi problems?

Try this :
    • Open a web browser
    • In the address bar enter the router ip [generally 192.168.1.1]
    • Then enter username and passwordto access the router
    • Go to wireless section
    • Check "enable"
    • select authentication method as wpa2
    • enter a passphrase
    • Click on Save
    • now reboot your router

Now wifi should connect from your phone. I think you didn't enable the wifi on your router hence the phone couldn't find the wifi network.

You should enable SSID broadcast enable in order to get your wireless network detected by the phone. Open the router page and navigate to wireless page. There you will find a checkbox for enable SSID broadcast. Check it, save the configuration and then reboot the network. Also note down the SSID name if you want to manually setup the wifi connection in your phone. Now let your phone search for the wireless network. It should find the network. Connect it and enter the passphrase that you had set on the router and continue. You be be connected now...

Even i have the same problem! i have brought Sony Ericsson Xperia x10. I use a dlink router.I have set the router properly but still my Xperia doesn't connect to the wifi router. It detects it well. The problem is, when i try to connect to the wireless network, it directly shows "obtaining IP address" i'm not asked for the password. After some time of obtaining IP address, it shows an error which just states "unsuccessful". Anyone has any idea why i don't have an option to put in the password? Please let me know if i am doing something wrong...