Thread: Are the USB ports on MacBook Air Strong?

Are the USB ports on MacBook Air Strong?

I have just purchased the MacBook Air here and I just want to let you know that I am really enjoying working on this new laptop. Now the thing is that since the laptop is new I really want to take care of the same as much as I can. Now I have just seen that that the USB port that this MacBook has here is really of my attention. I am worried that the USB port on MacBook of mine does not really loose the color. Also I want to know if it is really strong enough there. I do not want it to get damaged because of inserting and removing the USB Drives. Please let me know about the topic of mine.

Re: Are the USB ports on MacBook Air Strong?

Well I would have also taken care of the laptop of mine as well in the same manner. The only thing that I want to tell you that the USB Drivers that are there on the laptop are really strong and they will really not cause you any trouble. Only thing that you will have to take care is that you do not insert the USB device in and out of the port at some certain angle that may damage the port and the device as well. Well you will be required to take care of this for sure. Other then this; the USB port is strong enough so that you can have the data transfer at much ease.

The word strong USB just brought me to this thread to see what is the actually thing or the issues that the user is having. Actually the thing is that the USB port on the MacBook whether it may be MacBook Pro or Air or whatever; they are really strong and can really facilitate the data transfer. All you need to do is take care that you simply do not spoil the USB Port all by yourself. If you will take the USB device in and out of the port in the desired manner then you are not going to get any issues so far. Keep the port dust free so that you can avoid the dust related issues out as well.

You have mentioned that you are worried about the Paint so let me just tell you that MacBook Air is not at all painted and if you are at all concerned with this paint then it will be better if you can just stop thinking of the same. It is not the Silver Color that the MacBook Air is coated with. It is actually the real Aluminum. If you want to avoid the scratches on it then it will be simply great if you can just stake care while dealing with the port and the device as well. I am sure that my post must have really lessened your worries there. Do let me know about the same.

After looking at the post of yours I just thought that it will be great to have a look at the USB of the MacBook Air and when I went after this on Google I came to know some facts that I would really like to share here. I have seen that the USB Ports on MacBook are not at all equal. Actually the scenario here is such that the USB Ports that are at the right side of the MacBook are powerful when compared with the USB ports that are there on the left side of the MacBook Air. I was able to see only this thing on the Web. Will like to put up some more if found.

Yes I have also seen the same thing but I was able to fetch out the reason for the same. Actually the USB ports that are at the right side of the MacBook Air are strong in terms of power. Since they are capable enough to draw the amount of power so that they can run the EXTERNAL Disk Drive. Actually the external drives require a fair amount of electricity and I think for the same reason they have made this distinction between the USB ports.