Thread: How to unlock Nokia 6300

How to unlock Nokia 6300

I have just bought a Nokia 6300, I am using Vodafone services right now. I have bought in a deal where my Nokia 6300 is locked to Vodafone services. I am not happy with the services of Vodafone and want to switch to some other service provider. So I wanted to know how can I unlock my Nokia 6300 so that I can use other SIM cards in my Nokia 6300. Please help, I will be waiting for your suggestions.

Re: How to unlock Nokia 6300

There are some sites which are very popular free site meant for unlocking any Nokia based mobile phones and including some other brands as well. LG to NEC, and Panasonic, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and even Motorola based mobile phones are some other brands for which you can acquire the unlocking codes. It is a simple procedure just follow few simple steps and you will be able to use SIM cards from your desired service provider. I hope this reply really helps you.

The steps are very simple first you start your mobile phone without a SIM card, now type *#06# in your mobile phone, after which you will get a number this is your IMEI number, this unique number is like an identity of your mobile phone, the IMEI number should consist of 15 digits, here you should choose the model number of your mobile phone, if you don’t know the model number you can find it on the device under the battery. So you have the IMEI and the model number so far, next select the country and the operator your phone is currently locked to, once you complete this you will get some codes to unlock your mobile phone. This is how you can acquire the unlock codes now make use of these codes and complete the unlock procedure.

There is a technique to enter the unlock code. It is a little bit annoying when you try it for the first time. Press #, now press * three times in a second and p will show up, now press * four times in a second and w will show up, then press * two times and in a second and + will show up, now you enter the given code and then again press * two times in a second and + will show up now enter the code number and then finally press #. Remember that you can make only five attempts, so enter the code properly or else your phone will hang.