Thread: Can the processor on 128 GB version of MacBook Air be upgraded?

Can the processor on 128 GB version of MacBook Air be upgraded?

I really want to have help in the matter below and I really think that I will get better suggestions in the matter. I am ready to buy a MacBook Air and hence I want to know what can be the best MacBook that I can go with. The only requirements for my thing are 13 inch screen 128 GB of Flash Memory and 4GB of RAM and nothing more than this. Now the actually thing that I am in search for is processor speed. I want to have processor of speed 2.13GHz instead of what I am getting here i.e. 1.86GHz. I have seen that I really cannot have this much processor speed on 128GB version of MacBook. I can have the same if I have the same upgraded to 256 GB Flash Drive. I really do not think that I will need that much amount of memory. Need an explanation in this matter.

Re: Can the processor on 128 GB version of MacBook Air be upgraded?

I really think that there must have been some technical reason behind the same and hence you are not getting this in a proper manner. Well if you are not getting it then it will be better if you can just have the 1.86GHz on 128 GB version of MacBook Air. Also if you are not making use of some intensive tasks then having the high speed processor will really not be going to be of any use. It will be just like that you have Intel Core i5 for you but you are running Windows 98 on it. So it will be better if you can just have a look at the same before and then see for it.

I am of the opinion that you can have this working in your case; but the thing is that Apple really do not want that to happen. I really cannot see the point here; if you have higher space then you can have more speed for the processor. I really do not think that if you are having larger space then you should have processor of higher speed. I think that Apple just wants to have more money and hence it is doing all this things there. There is really no technical reason why you can not have the above said combination to work in your case there.

If you cannot have that possible rig then I really think that there is hardly anything that I can do. But I have come up with some suggestion and I am of the opinion that you will really like it. If you are not after some intensive tasks like video rendering then it will be better if you can stick to 1.86GHz of 128GB version of MacBook. If you are not up to something like that then it will be better that you do not look for the processor upgrade anymore. If you want to have the processes running on the system in the smooth manner then it will be great if you can just have the RAM of the laptop upgraded so that you can experience really a new and functional environment in MacBook. Hope that you will really count my suggestion.

I was thinking about the same scenario that you have presented here and then I just came to know that this combination that you have asked for is really not going to work at all. It will be great if you can simply have the 1.86GHz model for you. Actually the scenario that you have asked for might have really worked but the thing is that Apple wants you to buy the 256 GB model and hence it is making this restriction here on the MacBook Air. There is really nothing technical but I can say that it is some sort of business strategy and nothing more that.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestion that you have made here. I am really happy with the suggestion that you have given here. I will go with the 1.86GHz processor there as I think that it will be beneficial as I am not going to do anything that will really require me to have that great amount of processor speed. At the same time I really find the same cost effective as well. I will see for this RIG and then if I will have some trouble with the same then I will go with upgrading the RAM.