Thread: HTC hero failed to read the SIM card

HTC hero failed to read the SIM card

This morning I turn on my Hero was surprised to see that my SIM card was not recognized. I tried with two other SIM cards. Always the same thing. The Hero asks me to insert a SIM card. Incomprehensible! Who has ever met such a failure? What do you recommend? A hard reset? If yes how? Actually regarding this I have visited many of the forum site but unable to get proper solution regarding this I hope you guys have any suggestion regarding this to help me.

Re: HTC hero failed to read the SIM card

According to me you’re the first person, who is going through this issue, experience this problem therefore is to generalize the problem and say that the Hero has the crappy stuff there is still a step. Indeed you had a problem that is certainly original material but a problem like this can happen at any set of cell phone. Regarding this I also do not have much information but I assure you as soon as I get I will inform you.

Just to know, you got the phone for renewal, or with a new package? Because I have seen people whose phones purchased renewal (we keep the same SIM card) did not want to read the SIM card. In this case, you could just go into a shop of its operator to update the SIM card (or change). Often in these cases is "changing technology": people spend a 2G to a 3G phone, which caused problems with the SIM card. So this is what I know regarding this and I hope this will help you.

Thank you for this advice but when I got my Hero I went to check on my SIM card from vodafone. And then I tried 3 other SIM cards. The failure is very real. I was told about a little slip like paper to hold the SIM card is properly connected. I have not tried but no regrets for putting a hold on a new phone, very little for me! My Hero is still the HTC repair center. I cross my fingers that I come back next week. This will "only" three weeks of immobilization. ! I hope I have no other problems with this phone. This is my 1st HTC. Bad luck! Never had a single failure with my Sony Ericsson. I'll let you know.

I know if it can help you, but in my early days with my hero like this happened to me several times that all of a sudden my SIM card is no longer recognized. In fact it's just that when one closes this "slot" should be drawn (push) strong enough for it to be closed, otherwise it advances one mm instead of maybe 3mm and less shock AC moves and the SIM is no longer recognized. After I seen this and have done careful to close it I have never had a problem. Compared with the hardware config that would be difficult to endure sense, do an update of your ROM (I'm on the MoDaCo 2.8) and everything becomes more fluid bcp. Use with an app such as taskiller to kill time to time the app or process running and consuming RAM. I am personally very happy with my hero at all levels, and am sure you will not regret your investment as soon as your worries SIM card will be solved.