Thread: Need help on gingerbread and multiboot

Need help on gingerbread and multiboot

Previously I was making use of the nitdroid 0.08 which is installed with the auto-installer, but now here I want to try something else i.e. now I want to try gingerbread. So regarding this I just want some information that how can I do this in order to fix this. Really regarding this I do not have nay kind of suggestion that what I should do in order to install this. And also here I want to know that how it works on to the multiboot system. So if you guys have any suggestion regarding this issue then please try to help me over here I will be thankful for this.

Re: Need help on gingerbread and multiboot

After searching a lot related to this I have got some information and I hope this will be useful for you in order to get rid from this issue. So in order to do this in this you have to
    • Re-installed the nitdroid auto installer package, and after doing this you have to re-setup nitdroid 0.0.8
    • And in the second dtep you have to replace the contents of /dev/mmcblkp2 (as /and) along with the new gingerbread tar, overlaid along with update 1& 2
    • And in last step you have to replace the new nitdroid kernel from e-yes "zImage" to /boot/multiboot/vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06 and you should do this without changing the multiboot config!)

So like this you will be able to fix your issue. And I think you should try this.

I am also going through the same issue and in this when the solution which you have given over here I have tried that and in this when I bootup so in this I get
    • the correct kernel booting
    • And it displays the message which including "A N D R O I D" shown on tty
    • screen clears and presently cursor top left

I'm guessing this is a problem of some kind so if you have any ideas regarding this then please help us?

I had similar problem but I presently see this. I install the nitdroid*.deb again (after mounting mmcblk1p2) and put back the kernel along with fresh one. And to make it little easier presently rename the current kernel along with .old run dpkg then you just delete one it puts and rename the other. So like this I have did but unable to get any suggestion regarding this. So if you have any idea regarding this then please help us.

That's the thing which I did in my case and I hope this will also help you. In that you have to do this:
    • First thing in this is that the auto installer installs the kernel
    • And the second thing which I did it was I believe in renaming the kernel.

Which deb did you install and from where? Which kernel did you end up using? there is only 1 deb file out there that e-yes put out and that the old kernel. If your wanting to use the new kernel then you have to manually install it. The auto-installer still only the 0.0.8. to install 0.0.9 or gingerbread you have to manually install it. You can use either kernel, im trying to figure why my sd card isn't being mounted so i have tried both kernels.