Thread: China Mobile phone’s Firmware and Software

China Mobile phone’s Firmware and Software

I am working in a Diamond market firm since 12 years now. I am at a good post in the company and my life rocks. I am at present using a China phone, apart from that I always use to prefer Mobile phones of Nokia or Sony Ericson. It is only few days back that my friend gifted me a China mobile, it looks cool, has all the features like a good five mega pix camera, supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS system, has excellent look and feel. Now a problem is that I want some names of softwares and even firmwares for my china phone. It seems getting a china mobile is easy but looking out for softwares of China phone is not that easy.

Re: China Mobile phone’s Firmware and Software

Actually you have a very tricky question. Some of the well known mobile phones in market namely Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony Ericsson and many more are phones which have a specific operating system. For example Symbian is the operating system for Nokia, then there are Samsung phones which work on google’s operating system that is the Android. Then there is iPhone which is based on Apple iOS Operating system. So basically my point is that all phones work on a particular platform that is the OS. And as far as I know there is no particular operating system as yet for any china mobiles.

First I would like to recommend you to check your china mobile phone. The reason I am saying is because there are some Chinese mobile phones in the market based on Androids which is a google operating system. Chinese Android Phones are now easy to get in the market. Google's Android is gaining popularity in China among the big and small mobile phone makers, and the operating system is probably going to get cheaper in time to come. There is news that small Chinese companies are steadily putting the Google OS in phones. So if you have a Chinese Android then you can surely get some softwares for it on the net.

Things can turn around to be easy if and only if your china phone is based on MTK CPUs. There is an application online which is called the MTCore, which is a client or server firmware editor. This editor has some interesting features such as Language pack used for editing and translation, then better dictionary management, resource editing through which you can edit icons, images or even ringtones. It even includes font editor, and provides support for NOR and NAND firmware. This firmware is easy to use is very professional, fast and cheap.