Thread: Nokia N900: How to install Apk file in Nitdroid

Nokia N900: How to install Apk file in Nitdroid

I require to know how I can accurately install the .apk's on the nitdroid in my Nokia N900. I have came across various posts suggesting to copy the .apk files to the /sys. I have got the filebox to find the way to /sys but require for knowing the exact procedure how to install the Apk files inside the Nitdroid environment. So anybody has exercised this procedure on their cell phone then please reply me on this post.

Re: NokiaN900: How to install Apk file in Nitdroid

Initially you will require a file manager mainly astro. Google astro file manager as well as install it through NITDroid. Then look for apks for games and application that you desire to install and save them wherever you needed inside cell phone or memory card that you can come across them again (I personally have a folder in MyDocs known as apk where I save them all for afterward use) then, with the file manager, go to the apk and select it, this will install the application in NOTDroid. Or placing the apks in system/app, will perform, but I have found many things won’t starts when done this technique so use the method above as you will have more success

According to my opinion the best technique is to install it manually presently, don't know if it will change in the prospect updates/releases? With native android devices substandard application won't be located in /system/application, as i guess you require to search astro file manager v2.5.2 one of the most recent update and download it and you can find this easily on the web, When you download this on NITDroid there will be a clarification upper-left screen, select that file and open it and you will obtain the result installing and afterwards just restart the device and search the apk inside the repositories and you will obtain it easily on your cell phone!

You will require to download the apk in maemo to MyDocs.

Code:
    sudo gainroot
    mount /device/mmcblk1p2 /and
    cp /home/usr1/MyDocs/astro.apk /and/system/application
    unmount /
    Then when you perform the subsequent boot into NITDroid it will contain astro in the menu. Please note that where I place astro.apk this might not be the name of the apk so use whatever filename the apk has you downloaded on your device properly. Tab is very ready to lend a hand for implementing names on terminal.

You will need to use filebox but initially you will need to mount the division first in order for the files to come into view in /and. Afterwards only have one command to type so most certainly simpler to do it in expression, but do whatsoever you come across the best. The command in my most recent post is just what you require to alter the earlier commands to if you as you have the file in a unusual place than MyDocs. the full commands you will require to enter are:
    Code:
    root
    mount /device/mmcblk1p2 /as well as
    cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/imp notes/astro.apk /and/system/app
    unmount
    After that, restart the cell phone and you are completed.

Re: Nokia N900: How to install Apk file in Nitdroid

Please make sure that you are having the most recent edition of NITdroid. A number of programs might continuous functioning in the newer releases. Download .apk file through built-in web browser and just select on it when it downloads. Put .apk files into system/app directory. In broad-spectrum, apps will install repeatedly (automatic) on subsequent boot up, but the majority games contain problems with this method. Games should be installed by selecting the .apk file as mentioned above.