Thread: Buying a Mobile phone in China

Buying a Mobile phone in China

I am planning to buy a new mobile phone when I go for my next trip to china. I am caring about the warranties and other things like that after buying a phone. Currently I am in Australia and when my wife calls me from China for $2 to $3 for 25 minutes but when I call her then I am bring charged for $5 for 2 minutes. I am thinking about buying a phone from there only which might be costing me much cheaper and it won't be charging me more then this one. I have seen that she is using the same size of sim card that I am using over here.

Re: Buying a Mobile phone in China

I think it won't be making any difference if you buy a mobile phone from the china as you have to use the same network that you are using in an Australia now or you may choose another one but that too from of the same country. Actually call rates are decided being charged by the mobile carrier that you have got on your phone. So it doesn't depends on the phone which ever you might be using. I think you should check that the which carrier is providing better schemes for the calling a STD calls which may help you in some way.

Yes ofcoure, Now don't think to buy a new SIM card from the China as it would much more costlier then that of current one that you are using to make STD calls from the Australia. If you do so then it means that you are in roaming network which is chargeable activity even for an incoming calls and when you make STD calls from it then it becomes much heavy per minute. There is no other way to make cheaper STD calls rather buying a sim card with the cheapest STD calling rates.

There is one more way by which you can make STD calls much cheaper than that you do from your phone. If you have laptop with you then you can never be far from your wife through an internet calls. Yes you can make international calls from your laptop to the normal mobile number of any country but make sure that it won't be free of cost. But you can make free internet video chatting if your wife too has a laptop. But if not then you should just call her from your laptop by using the cheapest calling service.