Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2011

What is Symbian

I am currently working in a KPO from last 10 years. I am at the clerical staff level in the company and enjoying my life. I am using a LG phone since two months, apart from that one of my colleague in the office who is very close to me is using a Window s mobile phone. And his phone use to crash frequently which was very much annoying. Someone suggested him to switch to Symbian phones. I have never heard of symbian, and have very limited knowledge about mobile phones, so is there anyone who can bring to light as to what is symbian.
Old 04-02-2011

Re: What is Symbian

Symbian is an open source operating system, a kind of software platform which intended for smartphones and is maintained by Nokia. Symbian even includes a component for GUI that is graphical user interface. The most recent versionof Symbian is named as Symbian^3, which was formally released in 2010, that was first used in Nokia N8. This Symbian operating system is programmed in C++ language, was initially made by Symbian Ltd. Symbian^3 was designed for the platform of the ?next generation? smartphone, that included the feature of 2D and 3D graphic architecture.
Old 04-02-2011

Google?s operating system Android was successful in overtaking the long time market leader that is Nokia?s Symbian. Android has gained popularity and is a well known smartphone platform. Analysis say that more Android phones were sold to the retailers and other mobile networks as compared to the Symbian. Though Symbian platform assures to continue and expand under Nokia, who have promised to make the prospect development of the platform accessible via a substitute direct and open model. Symbian is at number 2 smart phone platform in the world, as the Androids have overtaken the Symbians in smart phone sales.
Old 04-02-2011

There are several problems in Nokia?s smartphone that are known to its users . It seems that the market share of the Symbian?s has dropped down drastically from nearly eighty percent several years ago to less than thirty percent in the most recent times. There are several factors responsible for Symbian falling behind of its competitors. It has suffered a lot through its its flop show in Nokia N97, and has had trouble shipping its newest smart phones, such as the Nokia N8 on time. I feel its high time that Nokia?s smart phones start thinking about the Google Android or Microsoft?s Windows Phone platform instead of its Symbian.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,