Thread: Looking for Chinese Android Phones

Looking for Chinese Android Phones

I am currently using an LG s310, it is a cool phone with 3.2 mega pixel cam with two times digital zoom option, weighing about 86 gms, with great dimensions, the display is of 2.2 inches with TFT 256k colors. Few days back someone told me about Chinese Android phones, that they have almost all the features look great, and are even cheap as compared to other Androids. So I was wondering about buying an Android that to Chinese version. But before I get this Android I would like to know about it. I am afraid because these Chinese phones don’t work for long so there is a little bit of hesitation.

Re: Looking for Chinese Android Phones

We all are aware of the inferior quality of the Chinese phones, we think that they are nonsense phones with poor quality. But we may have to change our thinking because there are Chinese Android Phones available in the market. Google's Android is accelerating up in China among the big and small mobile phone makers, and the operating system is even expected to get much cheaper in time to come. Small Chinese companies in the Shenzhen which is a southern city in China, are gradually putting the Google OS in phones. Making these phones more demanding. But be cautious as some Android phones in China have reported a problem of Trojan Horse application called “Gemini”, that can transmit personal data, like the contact numbers to the server.

Chinese Android phones are yet far from setting a foot in the global market. You will rarely see an Android phone at vendor’s stall. But I assume some small Chinese companies have released genuine Android phones, and some of the country's makers of "bandit" handsets are also trying to move towards the Android. in Chinese, Any phone that is sold without the essential government testing and approval in China are referred as Bandit or shanzhai. So far the Androids are gaining potency with small phone makers in China.

"Bandit" phones with Androids have come up in Chinese media reports and even some video sharing sites. Chinese "bandit" phone makers, run on low margins and if they use Android it will increase their expense. In the meantime, Chinese giants like Lenovo and even Huawei Technologies have started using Android in phones. Apanda is one the companies who have used Androids so far. This phone has a 3.2-inch touch screen and released last year as a WCDMA handset, it also supports for the Chinese 3G standard, and the TD-SCDMA. Broncho is one of the Chinese companies who are already selling Android phones.