Thread: Lava b8 - wap is not loading

Lava b8 - wap is not loading

Hi,
    I have a lava b8 and the wap is not loading, also the phone does not work as a storage device when connected to a pc. The b8 software is ok and my GPRS is activated. Any suggestions.

Re: Lava b8 - wap is not loading

I think that there might be some problem in the mobile phone itself, so try to hard reset the phone and after that call your service provider and ask for the gprs setting again and save it in your mobile phone. After saving the settings, long press 0 button to automatically start web browsing and check whether you are able to surf via the internet or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thanks I restored the factory settings still no WAP. Called their customer care but there were no solutions there too. Any other ideas.

In that case when nothing is working for you then it is better to contact the dealer and asked for the same. If it under the warranty period then you can get it replaced with the new one. So contact the dealer or manufacturer and see what help you are getting with the same. Do let me know whether you are getting solution for it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by fallm View Post
    I have a lava b8 and the wap is not loading, and my GPRS is activated.
    Are sure your GPRS is working ?? Anyways, try to open the sites like this: wap.google.com . This is wap website, also try to open www.google.com. If your GPRS is working, it should load the page. Just to be sure, i'll suggest you to insert your simcard in some another mobile and see if it works. BTW, which servider provider are you subscribed ?

went to the dealer here he has called me after a few days wants to get the software from delhi. The GPRS is working in my other phones.
    Thanks

Hi....

Can U please give me a detailed Review of How ur LAVA B8 is working ?
    I am also planning to purchase this phone.
    How is the sound of the music player ?
    How is the camera quality ?
    How is the speed of Wi-Fi ?
    How is the response of the qwerty key pad ?

Is it a really good phone in this budget or shall I go for some other mobile ?

Do let me know....

Lava B8 costs around Rs.5395/- in india and has 3.2 Mega Pixels camera, Video Recorder, Flash with GPRS, EDGE, Java, WAP connectivity. But as per me, i can't trust any brand other than Nokia, Samsung or Motorola. So if you want any qwerty mobile with 3.2 MP camera, with Wifi , you can simply go with Motorola EX115 that also features Dual Sim. what say? Check out more about EX115 here.

hello everyone..... i am facing exactly same problems in my lava b8 mobile as mentioned above. if anyone of u have any solution please tell me as soon as possible..... thnx in advance..

Hello,

I am using LAVA B8 mobile and LAVA PC suit V1.2 installed in the desktop having os of Windows XP sp3 and working fine.

The same PC suit not working in my laptop having Windows 7 os. It shows the message "connect the phone"

Pl. any one help me to guide how to install PC suit in Windows 7 and install the modem driver. Also pl provide the link to down load the driver.

Thanks in advance

mrkinng

Quote Originally Posted by fallm View Post
    Hi,
    I have a lava b8 and the wap is not loading, also the phone does not work as a storage device when connected to a pc. The b8 software is ok and my GPRS is activated. Any suggestions.
    hey.... do u have any solution related to this problem?????
    i m facing d same problem..... if u have then pls tell me.... plss

Quote Originally Posted by royalnh View Post
    hey.... do u have any solution related to this problem?????
    i m facing d same problem..... if u have then pls tell me....
    When you are surfing the inbuilt browser in the lava mobile phone, then can you go into its options, under general options, make sure your default browser is set to 'My Web' and see if that works. If that doesnt work then you will probably need to check in the mobile phone manual whether your phone supports wap or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's