Thread: Performance of Lenovo ThinkPad L412

Performance of Lenovo ThinkPad L412

I am getting the Lenovo ThinkPad L412 from my uncle who had hardly used it for six-seven months. My uncle told me that its 14-inch ThinkPad with Intel Core i3. This is all what I am knowing.!! I am here to check some features and performance of it. Since, you members have provided me with lots of information, I wanted to take some more help. Also I am expecting that you people will provide some more details regarding this laptop.

Re: Performance of Lenovo ThinkPad L412

I would like to discuss about the features as I am having good information about it. Lenovo offers the 14-inch notebook in a variety of configurations. To test the model we received L412 ThinkPad NVU4KGE (or model 4403). This is a mobile Core i3-370M charge of processing power. The processor has access to two GB DDR3 SDRAM, which are organized in a module. The matt running 14-inch display has a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels and LED backlight. For controlling the display unit is Intel's HD Graphics Unit responsible. External monitors can display via analog port or respond via VGA. The display frame is a webcam with a resolution of 2 megapixels. For mass storage, a 320-gigabyte hard drive from Seagate is used. The optical drive knows how to describe the major DVD and CD media. For the connection of peripherals are a total of four USB ports are available, one of them with eSATA combined. As a fitting accessory to L412, Lenovo ThinkPad Port Replicator, the third-generation (Series 3). It costs around Rs.10000 and comes with four USB ports,Ethernet, and VGA Port. In the WLAN can communicate L412 ThinkPad 802.11a/b/g/n under. In addition, sparks the notebook via Bluetooth. The integrated Gigabit Ethernet solution is from Realtek. In terms of safety, our test model with a fingerprint sensor that is located right below the directional buttons.

The good thing that I liked about Lenovo ThinkPad L412 is its 14-inch display. The display unit of the ThinkPad L412 uses an LED backlight. In the test reaches the maximum screen brightness of 240 cd / sqm. This is a decent result, and so can operate at more reasonable light conditions outdoors. To the uniformity of illumination, it is ordered satisfactory, we will register in a corner of a maximum deviation of around 15 percent. The matte 14-inch display has an aspect ratio of 16:9 and a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. Anyone who has called a 14-inch display its own, working with a 1400 (x900er) resolution, this will feel a significant step backwards. The 768 vertical resolution, ensure that you are very often forced to scroll. For the good reputation of the ThinkPad brand is not least the already almost legendary keyboard, the ThinkPad T series responsible. The cheaper L-model must, by his command unit but not hide. The good rating is valid for travel as well as pressure point, the layout is also in the Lenovo ThinkPad standard. The L412 has a touchpad and trackpoint replaces the mouse. Both units do their job accurately. The special keys for loudspeaker control are the L412 to the left of the keyboard. The lid of the L412 is stuck in the closed position on the chassis. Due to its design takes the cover a little about the case and stabilized in this way, although not as many as expresses T-ThinkPad. The cover itself is also extremely stable and holds pressure from above was good.

ThinkPad L412 looks a Core i3-370M to the computing power. This is clocked at up to 2.4 GHz, a turbo mode as the greater affinity (Core i5, i7) processor does not offer this. The two-core processor are 3 MByte Intel Smart Cache is available. Like the other "M" versions of the mobile core i3 series is this CPU with a TDP of 35 watts specified. Since in particular is integrated in these new processors are not only the memory controller, but the graphics into the processor, can the TDP values do not compare with those of the Core 2 Duo predecessors. In the test device available to the processor two GB DDR3 SDRAM support. In Windows 7, we use the benchmark package SYSmark2007 Preview of BAPCo . Is 17 applications are used through the different scenarios. This benchmark uses the workload in four scenarios: E-learning, office productivity, video creation, and 3D modeling. SYSmark2007 Preview opens multiple programs simultaneously and makes the application partially work in the background.

Comparable notebooks based on Intel's previous-platform reached its time with a Core 2 Duo processors values around 125 points. The ThinkPad L412 creates in our test exactly 140 points - this is a reasonable outcome. Notebooks with Core i5 used in our tests here to values around 150 points. In this connection, the test device used in Seagate hard drive (Seagate ST9320325AS, 320 GB) in a very limited positive result with the performance - provides the drive very average performance. Display cover must make do without the lock. About the indentation on the front page, where are the indicators that he can still expand comfortably. The wireless connections can be properly interrupted by sliding switch on the right side. A little tricky to plug cables or USB sticks in some of the interfaces. These are partly sunk slightly below the housing edge. Therefore is a convenient use of the interfaces are often associated with the lifting of the entire notebook. Even a ThinkPad are not necessarily in recovery media, details of which you should make with the appropriate tool for the moment.

I checked the maximum battery run-time via a special test setup that simulates a text entry some days ago. This is the operating system in the most economical Windows scheme. The brightness of the display, as far as it allows the readability, turned down. The ThinkPad L412 passed this test with a duration of slightly more than 388 minutes. Nearly six and a half hours is a good result for a notebook of this classification. It consumes the device an average of 8.7 watt - for an adult business laptop a good value. MobileMark2007 is the number of applications and in view of the scenario much more complex, however, puts breaks also. To perform this test, you will adjust the screen brightness to 100 cd / qm one. After five hours and eleven minutes, the battery is in small, and there is an end to the workforce. A decent result.

With the ThinkPad Lenovo L412 has a solid business laptop at a reasonable price on the legs. In particular, the input units are among the best of what is currently available. The running time results are good, performance is adequate. The fact that the 1366 x 768 pixels and with professional notebooks in general, establish, exposes the crux of the limited vertical resolution is not better. All the device is an ordinary working notebook. ThinkPad-experienced users, the manufacturer, however, probably not a fool. However, a well-equipped ThinkPad T-burdened the budget drastically.