Thread: Clear all data in my HTC Touch 2 windows mobile

Clear all data in my HTC Touch 2 windows mobile

I had purchased a Windows phone of HTC , I needed to unlock it first , I had used it for a while but now I am not content the way it is working , so I think I need to do some changes and it and bring back t the default settings , but however am not able to do so since I am a non techie guy , so I seek you people’s need in order to accomplish my tasks, so I request you to tell me I can possibly clear the data from my Windows phone , please help. I am waiting for your response .

Re: Clear all data in my HTC Touch 2 windows mobile

Do a soft (normal) reset to clear all active program memory and then close all active programs. This is helpful when your phone is working slower than usual, or a program is not performing appropriately. If a soft reset is being done when programs are running, the work that was not being saved will be lost.

Follow the given set of instructions in order to perform a soft reset:

• Remove the back cover of your HTC phone .
    • Remove the stylus to disclose the RESET button that is situated at the bottom of the stylus slot.
    • Utilize the stylus tip to push the RESET button.
    • Your device restarts and shows the Home screen.
    • Reinstate the back cover and place the stylus back into its slot.

As a second alternative, most Windows Mobile devices come with a application with the named Clear Storage. This application is used to restore your Windows Mobile device to factory settings without the requirement to make use of compound button combination’s. This is a very simple method to restore factory settings. For this:
    • Open Settings from the menu and choose the System tab. Here you can observe an choice called “Clear Storage”.
    • All you require to do is type 1234 and press YES.

If a usual reset does not resolve a phone issue you can do a hard (full) reset. Once a hard reset is done , the phone is restored to its default settings—the way it was when you first bought it and switched it on. You will lose any application that you had installed , and the data you entered (but that is what you actually wish for ), and settings you modified on your phone, and only Windows Mobile software and other pre-installed programs will be there as they actually were .

Well I have one suggestion for you following the steps given above will consequence in all data being removed from your Windows Mobile device. So it always advised that you may creater backup of your data that is required before following the steps mentioned in the above post . What happens on applications installed on an memory card with a hard reset, is that all the pointers and reg entries are removed and all the data and applications on the phone will be deleted, that will include your ringtones and applications you have bought and installed. Even though a hard reset removes all data all data from your phone, you can sync with Outlook to restore Calendar, Contacts, and other stuffs.