Thread: Apple Powerbook graphics crashes when play any video

Apple Powerbook graphics crashes when play any video

Recently bought an Apple Powerbook notebook, this is running with Mac OS X 10.5.8 "Leopard" os. The notebook is specified with 1.5GHz PowerPC G4 processor and NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 graphical interface. The machine was working fine till the date, but suddenly from last night it starts creating a problem regarding the graphics. The problem is whenever I tried to play any video file in QuickTime player, the player first stopped working along with this also the graphics in my notebook crashes, I am not having any such idea on this type of problems, so I am posting my problem in this forum. Is there any one having similar issue or any suggestion for this problem?

Re: Apple Powerbook graphics crashes when play any video

According to me the problem completely directs to the graphical interface that you are suing. I think the driver is crashed. Did you install any software in your notebook? So to overcome from this I recommend you to download eth latest version of driver from the manufacturer web site and replace it with the existing one. Be sure that the driver which you are downloading is compatible with the machine hardware specification and with the operating system version. Go through this, I hope it will somehow help you to resolve the problem that you are facing.

As per my opinion, the issue is occurring for the operating system, because in some of the cases I found this cause, so I also recommend you to try once by the operating system reload process. Insert OS installation disk into the CD ROM drive and run the installation process, at the beginning it will ask you to remove the existing version from your machine by format the drive, go for this process and then by following some of the instructions load the operating system. If in your machine also the problem is occurring for the operating system then by this it will be solve. But before that I recommend you another way, reload the player program which you are using to play the video.

Similar issue, but this is not in any apple OS, it is on my windows vista compatible Dell inspiron laptop, here I also facing same problem whenever I tried to play any high definition game like NFS or to play any game , similar problem occurred. For that I tried by remove the game and along with this also update the graphics driver firmware version, though it shown to me that there is no update version of the driver software. The screen completely crashed whenever I tried to do any one of the above mentioned action. Now I am not able to play and game and also not able to play any video. I run my laptop in simple environment.

Both the problems are almost same, so for this I would like to suggest you to reload the graphics driver. I think the problem is occurring for driver crashing, for that the reload process can only be solved. Insert driver installation disk and then ping to device manager and from the display tab, right click on driver name and choose update option, from ether select recommended option. It will direct you to locate the driver installation program, from the installation disk locate this one and run the installation process. I hope by this reload process the problem can be solved. Go through this.