Thread: How can I install firefox on meego 1.1

How can I install firefox on meego 1.1

Hey guys I am having Meego Installed on netbook which is running smoothly and I am not facing any problem with it till date. However one thing I would want to do make a change is that I would want to have a Firefox web browser run on my netbook which is having Meego installed on it. So I would want to know that will this Firefox run on this Meego 1.1, if so then can some one please help me to know how can I be able to get the installation done. I am having Dell Inspire netbook with me so can any one help mw to know that is this possible or not and if yes then please provide all the steps.

Re: How can I install firefox on meego 1.1

Well ofcourse you can install the Firefox on your Dell Inspire which is having Meego 1.1. on it, it will run smoothly. Although I have not tried it but I have aked for some information from a friend of mine and he has suggested me that we will have to use the yum software that will help you to install the Firefox for this kind of operating environment that is the Meego 1.1 on your netbook. You can easily download this software from the internet and install it on your netbook and once it is installed you can easily follow the steps that will help you to install the Firefox browser on your netbook. I hope that you will get the installation done smoothly.

I don’t think so that you should install the Firefox browser on your netbook, because I think that this software is not been made for Meego 1.1 yet. The firefox browser although runs on all the remaing operating system but since Meego 1.1 is new so I don’t think so that it will function clearly on your netbook, but then also if you want then you can give a try and see if it works or not, if it does work effectively then it is good for you but if it not then I guess that you will have to stick to the Chromium web browser that has been especially developed for this Meego 1.1 operating environment.

I have installed the Firefox browser on my Dell inspire smoothly with the help of the yum software but the problem is that while I am accessing some or the other site suddenly the Firefox browser crashes and I have to again and again start the browser again. Is that this browser is not compatible with the Meeego at all and that I am forcefully running it or is it something else. If it is not compatible with the meego 1.1 then I think that it wont get install and since it did get install so I think that there has to be some solution so as to smoothly work on this browser. So if any one knows about this then please provide all the suggestion.