Thread: Touchscreen of ASUS eeetop PC et1602 doesn’t work after installing Meego

Touchscreen of ASUS eeetop PC et1602 doesn’t work after installing Meego

I am having very strange problem and I have decided to discuss with you all. Well I have installed MeeGo 1.0 on ASUS eeetop PC et1602. Well touch screen is not working at all after installing Meego on it. Whenever I try to touch on the screen the mouse pointer simply jumps to left corner of the screen. However traditional keyboard and mouse works simply fine. Please let me know if you are having the same problem. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Touchscreen of ASUS eeetop PC et1602 doesn’t work after installing Meego

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting you that you have to download evtouch from the internet. You have to download tarball and extract in the same directory by using the following code.
    Code:
    tar xzvf evtouch-xx.yy.tar.gz
    Now you have to copy the file to evtouch_drv.so to proper location /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input or /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/.Now enter following line of code at the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "touchscreen"
        Driver "evtouch"
        Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
        Option "DeviceName" "touchscreen"
        Option "MinX" "98"
        Option "MinY" "43"
        Option "MaxX" "940"
        Option "MaxY" "925"
        Option "ReportingMode" "Raw"
        Option "Emulate3Buttons"
        Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
        Option "SendCoreEvents" "On"
    EndSection
    Now add the following line at /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or /etc/X11/xorg.conf at ServerLayout section
    Code:
    InputDevice "touchscreen" "CorePointer"
    I am hoping that it will help you out to solve the problem.

Well I am posting below some quick checks in order to fix the matter. You have to check on your system whether the udev events are engaged with touchscreen. Aslo see that whether it was failing due to improper ptched kernel or there no udev rule at all. Also I am requesting you that you should post the content of the xorg.conf file here so that I can study it let you know the root cause of the problem.Also use the following command and post the output of the same .
    Code:
    cat /proc/bus/input/devices > input-devices.txt

According to udev rules power button is having udev input event 1 where as HID touchscreen has event 7 for the same. However HID touchscreen is showing that it is connected with USB port. Do you know whether touchscreen is being connected either through internal USB bus which connects with touchscreen controller or with serial controller? In case of serial controller you must have serio_raw in working condition. Also you must have appropriately patched kernel and properly configured udev rule for your device.

Looking at the situation I think you have to modify your xorg.conf in order to show event 7 for the touchscreen of your device. You need not be surprised in any case event for udev rules jumps from event 1 to event 7 after consecutive boots of the device. By doing this you will modify your xorg.conf file to properly deal with touchscreen. For patching the Meego kernel appropriately you have to connect touchscreen with ps2 port.