Thread: Nokia N900 : Runescape on maemo 5

Nokia N900 : Runescape on maemo 5

I try to run Runescape game on meamo 5 for my Nokia n900 cell phone but it didn't seems to run very well. I attempted to start this game on my cell phone at 900-950mhz, and obtain around 1.5fps on minimum settings. Don't even consider about the PVP. The real problem is that I haven't established a browser that runs the IcedTea6 java plug-in. I trying to download it and takes lot of time to run the file and having the issue with running the file properly.

Re: Nokia N900 : Runescape on maemo 5

Here's how to perform it:
    1. Install p7zip-full and icedtea6 document for that game. You need to have extras-devel install properly to run it, so they may be there, or in testing. I'm not convinced.
    2. Open up an X terminal through the root user and try the code, if you haven't already, and run these commands:

Code:
    cd ~
    wget http://www.runescape.com/downloads/runescape.msi -O $HOME/runescape.msi
    7z e -o$ HOME/rs_client $HOME/runescape.msi
    7z e -o$ HOME/rs_client/cabfile $HOME/rs_client/rslauncher.cab
    mkdir -p $HOME/runescape/bin
    mv $HOME/rs_client/cabfile/JagexAppletViewerJarFile.* $HOME/runescape/bin/jagexappletviewer.jar
    mkdir $HOME/runescape/images
    mv $HOME/rs_client/cabfile/JagexAppletViewerPngFile $HOME/runescape/images/jagexappletviewer.png
    Now, it is installed. To run, you need to run this line:

Code:
    /user/bin/java -Djava.class.path="$HOME/runescape/bin/jagexappletviewer.jar" -Dcom.jagex.config=http://www.runescape.com/k=3/l=en/jav_config.ws
     jagexappletviewer user/runescape/images

A couple of things to be aware of before starting the game in Nokia N900 if you have install the Runescape properly:
    1. You can't obtain the screen slighter than 800x600 fixed window, so you will need to scroll it. That's reason scrollbar meant for.
    2. The world map possibly will crash your system, or slow it down to the time of not usability. It loaded up to 5 minutes at which will inform you directly, try to close it by clicking a bunch, and ruined up logged out of RS(but the client was still up)
    3. While all the keys fuction well, you have to -hold- alt/shift when pressing a key. Pressing alt or shift and -then- the key won't function properly.
    Also, clicks sometimes don't give the impression to register right - note down that single-button-mouse mode is a good idea to play the game.
    4. You will discover a way to get ` or ~, so no method to get the dev comfort, and discover the real FPS rate.
    5. If we could obtain OpenGL quickening to work, you require boost the FPS significantly. Unfortunately, I don't know if you required there.
    6. Because of the small frame rate, this is approximately a proof-of-concept and wouldn't be also fun for definite gaming. But hey, I believe it is an only- 3D MMORPG that functions on a mobile phone, and not many(if -ANY-) at that.

I also tested FreeCol. It "works" too for the runescape game to work inside the Nokia N900, but performance is pretty good than previously I had. I suppose was owing to the OpenJDK edition not able to optimized for our ARM edition. You can go forward and create an optimized OpenJDK package for the Runescape game in Nokia N900.
    If you desire to test FreeCol yourself, here's what you will require to do it:
    1. Download the .jar file for the runescape through the website called as FreeCol's website.
    2. You will require extracting that jar file in specific folder.
    3. Copy that folder to your N900 (let’s say you place the documents within ~/MyDocs/FreeCol)
    4. Open a X
    terminal up to your FreeCol directory, and type "java -jar FreeCol.jar"
    5. It should start on the Intro video to play the game for you.

Be sure you will require copying the -complete- launch line into a particular line.
    You may see that error as the line got broken into two divisions; the initial part opening with "/usr/bin/java", and the second with "jagexappletviewer" for runescape.
    I suggest sticking it in a text file primary (name it "runescape.sh"); makes things easier.
    Then you can immediately type:
    Code:
    "cd *directory you place runescape.sh in*"
    "chmod +x runescape.sh"
    "./runescape.sh"
    Install p7zip-full and icedtea6 packages. and extras-devel installed.

Try out this code in order to solve your problem:
    Code:
    ~ $ cd ~
    ~ $ wget ‘download the widget file from the website place it in front of this wget.
    -sh: wget: found
    ~ $ 7z e -o$HOME/rs_client $HOME/runescape.msi

7-Zip 9.04 genuine 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-12-12
    p7zip Version 10.04 (backdrop=fi_FI,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU)

$ 7z e –o $ HOME/rs_client/cabfile $ HOME/rs_client/rslauncher.cab

7-Zip 9.04 genuine  1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-12-12
    p7zip Version 10.04 (backdrop=fi_FI,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU)