Thread: Nokia N900: Sony Playstation I emulator for maemo

Nokia N900: Sony Playstation I emulator for maemo

I have Nokia N900 and I m trying to run Sony Playstation I emulator inside it. So I know to know how can I run every core them from my terminal? Should i use a launch command on psx4m-gui? Got tony hawks 1 cannot work using psx4m and psx4m-gles with no problem speed on gles edition. but nothing occurs when pressing start using the pcsx-r core. Psx4m-gui update has stopped the app functioning for me, just obtain a black screen, then after sometime I observe the wipeout3 screen informing me to press any button, then it exits behind pressing a key, no sound either, and what's pscx-rearmed all about, app was fine till that got integrated, attempted all probable combination of settings by get similar result regardless. What should I do in order to solve my problem?

Re: Nokia N900: Sony Playstation I emulator for maemo

You can have a Psx4m is a Maemo Fremantle Play station emulator insdie the Nokia N900 for maemo and today it is develop properly, and has an immense looking future ahead, it done with the help using the code inside the x terminal as a root user.
    • PSX4m – It is created for the maemo version of psx emulator in Nokia N900 cell phone.
    • PSX4m-gles - It is use for the integrated graphics core for psx emulator, created for a superior looking graphic by the use of OpenGLES in Nokia N900.
    • PCSX-ReArmed - Uses the well-known Ari64's dynode re-compiler, customized for use under playstation I emulation, has speed development, and should be one of the major characteristics for this release, when it will be completely ported inside the Nokia N900.
    • PSX4m-gui - A straightforward and very integrated functional GUI, designed for the most excellent option of settings and comfort for the end user.

You will require to try out this code with the authority of the root user inside the x terminal to install the packages require for the play station 1 emulator.
    Code:
    Root # apt-get -f purge 
    Reading package lists... Done
    manufacturing dependences tree 
    Reading state information... Done
    changing dependencies... Done
    The following extra packages will be installed:
    pcsxrearmed
    The next most recent packages will be installed:
    pcsxrearmed
    0 upgraded, 1 recently installed, 0 to take away and 12 not upgraded.
    3 not completely installed or removed.
    Need to get 0B/423kB of archives.
    After this procedure, 889kB of added disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
    (Reading database ... 70614 files and directories currently installed.)
    The package for the emulator installed correctly and can install the games.

You cannot run through the X terminal then this due to the segmentation fault when running it on X terminal. This might be problem because you may close that without keyboard shortcut. You have just closed it through minimizing it as well as press cross button. Try to use this code in order to solve your problem:

Code:
    cd /opt/maemo/user/games
    ./pcsx -cdfile /home/user/MyDocs/...
    ./psx4m-gles -runcd  /home/user/MyDocs/...
    ./psx4m -runcd  /home/user/MyDocs/...

If anything doesn't work create a log details for the play station 1 emulator and give this details to the emulators website they will give you information what to do ahead, it's very significant to create more steady releases (information at first page or on my homepage opened from gui)
    generate a log for each settings (if they doesn't work):
    • psx4m core,cycle multiplier - 0, hwa gpu -off, frameskip -0
    • psx4m core,cycle multiplier - 0, hwa gpu - on, fsaa - off
    • pcsx core, frameskip - ntsc, bios - off
    • pcsx core, frameskip - ntsc, bios - on
    All settings from advanced tab should not be on, sound - on, all other settings doesn't matter to create a log.

Try to remove game configuration file in inorder to place the playstation emulator (it's situated in /home/user/.config/Team16/psx4m/) and configure once more (it should remove spuirq messages), but it have no influence to emulator and bios so you can simply try the bios to have an sony playstation I emulator (i experienced most recent build from repository on clean phone and it's work appropriately with bios) stooobs: save states lay in Rom folder for the playstation emulator for /home/usr1/game.bin savestates for the playstation emulator: /home/user/game.0.bin /home/usr1/game.1.bin /home/usr1/game.2.bin.