Thread: Cursor keeps jumping every time on the screen in Toshiba Satellite M500

Cursor keeps jumping every time on the screen in Toshiba Satellite M500

I have a Toshiba Satellite M500. Recently I have started facing this problem. Well the problem is that the cursor keeps jumping all over the screen whenever I type any words in the Microsoft office or even if I compose any mail. The cursor keeps jumping whenever I am typing something. I don’t know what can be the problem here? I have tried using this mouse in the different computers and it is working perfectly there. Why is it not running properly here? I also have installed all the necessary drivers in the system. Please do help me with this problem as it is causing a lot of problem in typing. I am waiting for your response.

Re: Cursor keeps jumping every time on the screen in Toshiba Satellite M500

Well this is a very complicated problem and the cause for this type of problems can be various reasons. Like one of my friends had a optical mouse even he was having the same problem as you were facing. So what he did was he changed the surface in which he was placing the mouse. The exact cause for the problem was the surface that on which the mouse was being placed. He observed that the surface had some electrostatic force that was affecting the positioning of the cursor. So what he did was kept a simple paper under the mouse and that reduced the electrostatic force. So the same case can also be there in your case. So even I would advise you to try with this suggestion and see if this solution works or not.

Well this can be a perfect solution if you are using the external mouse If you are not using the mouse for the laptop then there can be a possibility that the touchpad of the laptop is very sensitive. If that is the case then you will have to reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad that you are using. Many a times it has been noticed that if the sensitivity of the touchpad is high then the position of the cursor keeps on changing and it gives a lot of problem during typing. So my advise would be to have a look at the sensitivity of the touchpad of the laptop and do reduce it. I hope this suggestion helps you.

Well if you have installed the necessary driver for the mouse in the system then it will not be any driver issue. You can also check by using different mouse in your system and see if that is also giving the same problems check whether the cursors are jumping and moving away. If that is the same case then the only cause of the problem would be the touchpad sensitivity do reduce it by going to the control panel and from there reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad. Also do have a look at the base of the mouse that you use while operating the mouse. There can be a possibility that the surface is not proper and it is affecting the functioning of the cursor. So do have a look at the suggestions and accordingly work on it.

Well, I think the problem was due to the touchpad. I think the sensitivity of the touchpad was very high and so that’s why I think so the cursor was going on jumping every time when I was typing something here. Upon that I also changed the surface of the mouse which I had placed it. So now the mouse that I am using is working really very well. Also the cursor is also working fine and it does not keeps on jumping. So thanks for all the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.