Thread: Unable to connect Motorola v220 with the computer

Unable to connect Motorola v220 with the computer

I have brought this phone Motorola v22o phone some months back and I was quite excited about this product. Well I needed to transfer some songs from my computer to the mobile. Due to which I was unable to transfer the songs. On my friends advise I installed a proper driver for the data cable, then also I am not able to connect via. USB to the computer. Now what can be the reason behind it? Do you all have any idea regarding it? Well there is nothing much that I want to do with the phone but only a small transfer of some songs from the system to the mobile phone. So if you have any ideas or solutions for this particular problem then do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to connect Motorola v220 with the computer

Just check that the driver that you had installed was for that particular data cable only and not of the other data cables. I am saying this because many a times I have noticed that many a people install wrong drivers for their usb cable and they complain that the mobile is not getting connected to the system. So in case if you are not sure about the installation, do a search in the Motorola websites and look for the drivers that are advisable for your phone and also the data cable. If you get that then do download and install it in the system. Make sure that you have uninstalled the earlier driver completely from the system and then only go with the installation of the new driver. So do try with this suggestion it will definitely help you.

Well I would advise you to check the usb options that you have kept for the phone. Since you have mentioned that you just have short task of receiving some songs from the system. So for that purpose I would advise you to change the storage options of the mobile. Do change it to the mass storage options in the phone. If you have selected any other options then do change it to the mass storage options and wait for the cell phone to be detected in the system. This will definitely help you. Since if you select some other options like automatic notification, usb devise etc then there might be a possibility that it will not get recognized by the system. So do try changing your usb option to the mass storage options and check if it gets detected in the system. I think this suggestion will definitely help you. After that you will be able to transfer some songs from the system to your phone.do let me know if this suggestion works with you or not.

If you have installed the proper driver to the system and also if the usb is not getting detected by the system then I would advise you to have a check with the memory card of your phone. Well there can be a possibility that the memory card of your phone might have got corrupted and hence it is not allowing your phone to start any communication with the system. So my advise would be to have a check with the memory card and ensure that it has not got corrupted. So do the following changes and let me know if this suggestion has helped you or not.

Thanks everyone for all the necessary suggestions that you have given. Well let me tell you that you have identified the exact cause of the problem. The issue was with the improper driver in the system. Actually I had installed a wrong driver for the system and hence the usb was not getting detected in the system. So that’s why I was unable to transfer any song. As per your suggestion regarding keeping the mass storage options then I have selected that particular option only. Now I am able to transfer any songs from the system to the phone. I am very happy with the result. Your suggestion did really help me. Thanks for it.