Thread: Android 2.2.1 update for Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000

Android 2.2.1 update for Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000

I wanted to have the cell phone and I was really desperate to have something from the Android case. I found this Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 so I thought that it will be great to get hang to this cell phone here. Well everything was going great on the cell phone, but after merely 20 days of use I have seen some of the issue with the cell phone and I really want to know if there is a way to get out the problems in a much easy way. I had noticed that the cell phone was hanging a lot and hence I thought that it will be simply great if I can have some solution on the Internet and I found that there is an Android update available for the cell phone. I was happy but at the same time I am bit nervous. Has anyone got this update installed in their cell phone? Will be happy to know how I can do this and what are the pros and the cons of the updates.

Re: Android 2.2.1 update for Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000

Well it is true that there is an update available for the Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 but this particular update is available only for the users that are there in SWEDEN. As I have seen some of the posts that verify that this update has been seen working there. Actually I was expecting to get the higher version of the Android. I was expecting to get the update from Android 2.3 or something like that. Well you can have this update in your cell phone if you are having the older version of Froyo installed in your cell phone. I mean to say that if you have Android 2.2 then you can have this installed and this will really work handsomely as it is yet Froyo. Get it installed and it will for sure boost up the performance of your cell phone.

I do not think that if this update has been seen in SWEDEN then you cannot have this on your cell phone. You can definitely have this for you. So here is the way by which you can have the update installed on your cell phone. ON the first note please see that you are not running any application on your cell phone. IN addition to this also make sure that the cell phone in which you are making the installation is from the GT model. Now go to samfirmware and just create an account. Now when you will sign in the account you will be directed to the page that will have list of firmware there. You can select this I9000 XXJPU ##. Please be sure that it is blue in color. Now download this file and extract it. While extracting if it asks for the password then you will have to enter the same for your samfirmware account. Now go to the folder that you have extracted and see for Odin 1.3 software file and run it. You will see a window opening. You will have to select the PIT option on the Window and then select the 512.pit file. Now choose the PDA button so that you can select the file containing the word PDA. After this you will have to select CSC button so that you can select the file containing the word CSC. Similarly do the same for PHONE button so that you can select the file containing the word MODEM. Now you will have to place all these files in the extracted folder. Now check the Re-partition box which you will find below the Odin section. Now back up all the data that you have on the cell phone. After this simply boot the cell phone. After this you can connect the cell phone to the Computer using the USB cable. Now select the Start button on the Odin so that the update can proceed.

You wanted to know what will be benefit that you will get after getting the update installed in your cell phone. Then let me tell if you are having the trouble with the performance of the cell phone then it is really the better choice with which you can go here. After getting the update installed in your cell phone you will see astonishing speed enhancement. In addition to this if your cell phone had some bugs then this update will fix all that bugs as well. A remarkable improvement is also observed with the User Interface of the cell phone. The issues of the GPS and video playing have also been seen getting improved so I really think that you should give this a hit for sure. Also if the screen is locked then also you can see the wallpaper getting changed and I think that it is really great. Get this and so far I have not seen any issues with this particular update.

If you are having the issue with the current working of the cell phone and you want to know more about this update then it will be simply great if you can have the phone reset and then see if it is working in the normal manner as before. For resetting the cell phone all you have to do is turn of the cell phone. Make the backup of the data on the cell phone at first. Now hold down the Volume Down button and while you are holding it you will have to press the leave the Power button. As soon as you do this you will be presented with a Menu that will have a multiple option in it. You will have to select the Clear Storage option and that too using the Volume Buttons on the cell phone. After this you will have to just press the release the POWER button. At the end you will have to confirm the reset and for that you will have the press the Volume Up button. Do this and see if the issue gets solved.

I am sure that you will have the cell phone working in your case. Also if you want to have the update and want to use the cell phone at its best then you can simply have the reset and then you can go with the update. All you have to do is reset the cell phone with the method that has been given above and then get the updates installed in the manner that has been presented in the third post of the thread. I will for sure give this a try.