Thread: Porting Android on Samsung Omnia smartphone

Porting Android on Samsung Omnia smartphone

I have got a Samsung Omnia and I would truly really fancy to have Android on the Omnia, but unluckily I am not actually technical enough to be capable to port Android to the Omnia myself. Exploring on the internet for an 'installer of android' I saw that I am not the only person looking for it this, so I determined to set up an initiative, but later on I failed to do so , please tell me how I can port the Android operating system in my new Samsung Omnia mobile phone. I am waiting for your response . I hope you will do the needful.

re: Porting Android on Samsung Omnia smartphone

I too have got the Samsung Omnia, but do not prefer Windows Mobile much as I am pretty used to the Android phones , there is something that you , there are Omnia phones from Samsung as I have the model Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia , I was been successfully able to port the Android , after being ported to Android operating systems they are called as Andromnia, . We can expect that once the port-job for the i900 Omnia has been done that it may make things easier for porting to related handsets from Samsung and other makers.

Samsung Omnia developers have been able to get Android Operating system to boot up on the Omnia, which is usually a Windows Mobile device. Essentially the Omnia lastly has hope in one day entirely supporting Android on it.The Omnia is considered to be a magnificent phone, however its the Windows Mobile feature of it that irritates most users as well as the truth for barely any support for the Android OS on it.I think this will be a great feature for the Omnia .

Yes I too was a bit astonoished and glad to hear that news from the internet , it would really a breath taking feature. So far, programmers at from their part have successfully able to dual-boot the Omnia with Windows Mobile and Android. But the Android Operating system as merely got the touchscreen access and clock widget feature currently . Thus you will not be able to do minor type functions as make a phone call.

If you’re willing to undertake this out though, its not an easy job. It needs formatting the microSD card that holds or stores the Operating system with a Linux system. But the excellent thing about trying it out is that the Android Operating system will really harm your phone because it is not installed onto the hardware itself.Expectantly Samsung will take this as motivation to make Android more compatible with the Omnia. though at this instance there is no word on that so its just up to the developers now.