Thread: An easy and simple procedure to sync Sony Ericsson with Macintosh

An easy and simple procedure to sync Sony Ericsson with Macintosh

Hi friends I am a proud user of Sony Ericson. Previously I use to have a Motorola Q which had an ultrathin design and had features like sharp display, full QWERTY keyboard, EV-DO support, and a sharp multimedia functionality. The bad thing about Motorola Q was that it lacked integrated Wi-Fi and analog roaming, and i could not use its Bluetooth as a wireless modem. The screen also tended to hold a lot of smudges, so I thought to swap my Motorola with a Sony Ericson. Now the problem is that the softwares in Sony Ericson are Windows based, and I have a Macintosh Operating system in my PC, so I just needed a step by step procedure so that I can sync my Sony Ericson with Mac.

Re: An easy and simple procedure to sync Sony Ericsson with Macintosh

Ok buddy, you don’t need to worry, There are a few choices to be made when attempting to sync practically any Sony Ericsson phone for example a Sony Ericson w580 with the Mac OS. Since the software that comes with the Sony Ericsson is Windows only, we have to refer to third party software. Actually, one of the best ways to share files is VIA Macs Bluetooth. The newer Macs have built in Bluetooth. To setup Bluetooth you can follow few easy steps, First “Activate your bluetooth on your phone” , then go to your main menu and select “Settings”, after that scroll to “Connectivity”, and click on Bluetooth. Here you need to turn “On” your Bluetooth, once that is done select “Visibility” and make sure you select “Show phone”. Now that your phone is setup is complete you can setup your Mac for compatibility and sync your phone and share data.

I can help you with the setup of Mac for compatibility, after which you can sync your phone and transfer the files. Normally there is a Bluetooth symbol up in the top right corner of the screen, or if you are unable to track the symbol, simply use the Finder and search for Bluetooth setup. Now select “Add a new device” in the drop down menu, this will take you to a setup wizard and will guide you through the setup. The setup wizard will give you a code after it detects your phones Bluetooth. Your phone will prompt for this code, where you will have to type in that code and select “OK”. Your phone will even prompt you to give permission to your Mac to access your phone, and you just click on “OK”. Now your computer will validate and thus the pairing will be completed. Thus this is an easy procedure to sync your phone to Mac OS.

My friend I hope that this will help you. After the process of Bluetooth setup is complete you can access and start sharing files between your Mac and Sony Ericson. In the Bluetooth drop down menu , click on “Browse device”, and select your phone in the menu and click “Browse”, this will bring you to a small finder window used to make searches, where you can browse your phone and memory card. If you desire to access folders, you need to double click on them, Click on the folder icon at the bottom of the window to create a new folder you. Click on “Get” option to get or retrieve a file from your phone, Click the “Home icon” if you want to go back to the root menu of your phone. To go back use the “Back icon”, and to delete a file, you can use the “Trash icon”. If you desire to add files to your phone, simply drag and drop files to your phone directory.