Thread: Dell inspiron can’t recognize external hard drive and USB printer

Dell inspiron can’t recognize external hard drive and USB printer

I have three USB devices, which I typically attached through my windows vista well-matched  Dell inspiron PC. This machine is works very well; I essentially make use of this for my business reason. The USB devices are the printer, pen drive and an external hard drive. Ok at the present the trouble is that the machine is not able to detect external hard drive and the printer, where as it can recognize the flash drive. One is detecting and the other two are not identified by the system. I am not able to recognize why this trouble arrives. I do not have any technical idea or the knowledge regarding this difficulty, so I am here. I hope someone from here can overcome the difficulty that I talk about. Any input on this will be appreciable.

Re: Dell inspiron can’t recognize external hard drive and USB printer

After reading this issue I think the driver which you have installed for the printer or the software application which you installed for that is not working, either outdated or corrupted. From how many days you are making use of this device along with your machine. I think that you should go for the driver update choice. For that you have to follow the procedure which is I am going to tell you here in that you have to go to the control panel and from there open the device manager. At the present open the printer tab, and choose the driver name which is installed for that. Right click on it and choose the update choice, this will permit you to choose the update knowledge from the manufacturer web sites, tick on the update option wait till the update is entire. At the present install the update version in your machine, I hope by this you will be absolutely resolve the issue.

In this you have to confirm that the drive is not affected by any kind of virus because sometimes it is happening because of that also. Did you attempt to attach this one in safe mode? I expect this will detected by your machine in safe mode. So for that do not join this one along with the machine while you are entering into the safe mode. And after that you just Start the machine in safe mode and then join the hard drive, it will identify, before that you require to update the Antivirus application program that you are making use in your machine, if you have the update version then start scan the external hard drive, this will absolutely detect if there is any virus is effect your machine. Attempt with this, this might be help you.

So in your issue actually one of the USB devices is detecting in your machine, so I do not think so there is any matter along with USB port in your machine. They are running very well. I think that there may be any issue with the two other devices. If you installed any software in your external hard drive, then I recommend you to take away this one from your machine, this might be the reason of the difficulty that you displayed in your post. For the reason that I had the comparable matter along with my SATA external hard drive, and there I was installed an third party interface, and later than installing this one, at any time I attempted to open the drive in my Dell machine, it does not open. Then one of my friend advice me to take away that one from my drive for once attempt to solve this, and believe me, after that there is no difficulty along with that driver even till at the present. So I suggest you to make sure whether there is any difficulty for the software application creating this trouble, if yes then attempt to remove that by attaching in other machine, if this works over there.

According to opinion regarding the problem that you mentioned in your post. About the external hard drive I would like to suggest you to format the drive completely. I hope this drive will detect by your machine in safe mode. So enter into safe mode and along with that attach the hard drive into your machine, now open my computer, after got the notification about the detection of the hardware. Right click on the hard drive name and select eth format option. Remember that while you select that option every setting and other data’s which stores under that will be removed permanently, or you can also chose one by one drive to format them separately. Now your drive is s fresh one. I think this will be detected by the machine this time. And about the printer, there is no issue with the port connection of your machine, though one device is detecting. I would like to suggest you to re-install the driver of your printer. Insert the installation disk and then go to the device manager, from there select the driver name and choose the update option, browse the driver application program from the disk and install this one in your machine. After that reboot your machine and the problem of the printer will be solved.