Thread: Unlock codes for Samsung Captivate

Unlock codes for Samsung Captivate

Hey friends I am a Samsung user I have the Samsung Captivate which is a Galaxy S android smartphone featuring a 4-inch ... by far AT&T's most powerful and feature-rich Android device. In selected markets the Samsung even includes music service offering truly unbeatable value with all you can eat music. I had purchased this gadget which was been offered to me at a discount price by a certain network. But when I tried a inserted my SIM it shows me a message of Phone Restricted. I think my phone is locked. If you guys can help me out and suggest me a way I can start using my Samsung phone I would be grateful to you.

Re: Unlock codes for Samsung Captivate

When you purchase a cell phone it is often offered at a discount price by the network providers. In return for this deal they "lock" your Samsung i897 Captivate to their own network, so that you can only use their particular network for making and receiving phone calls. Thus it means you cannot use the SIM card of any other network, and if you try to do so the phone you will be restricted. Unlocking the phone will help you remove the lock, allowing you to use your Samsung i897 Captivate phone on any GSM wireless network anywhere around the globe. So what I feel you should try to enquire in a Samsung store for your problem, they will guide you correctly.

I had bought a Samsung Captivate for a good deal. But when I tried my SIM I got a message of “Incorrect SIM card”, so what I did was I followed a few simple steps, so that I can use my phone on any GSM wireless network on any GSM wireless network around the globe. There are three steps, Simply provide the concerned authority with your Samsung i897 Captivate’s (International Mobile Equipment Identity ) IMEI number., they will send you an instruction guide along with the Unlock CODE, after the order placement. You need to follow the instructions for unlocking which will be provided by the authority and dial in the given Unlock CODE for your mobile and after that you can start using your regular SIM card on your phone.

In order to use one of the GSM phone on a different carrier, you'll require an unlock code. And obtaining that code really isn't new and is an easy procedure. I would like to tell you once you have unlocked your Samsung Captivate, you don’t have to unlock it every time, you upgrade anything in your mobile for example, software or hard reset your Samsung Captivate it will remain permanently unlocked, no matter what changes you make. To get your International Mobile Equipment Identity that is the IMEI number you need to enter *#06# into your phone to retrieve the 15 digit IMEI code. You can even find this number printed on the backside of the phone and underneath the battery.