Thread: How to extract contacts from a broken screen LG enV Touch phone

How to extract contacts from a broken screen LG enV Touch phone

I have a LG enV touch phone and its been months since I have brought this cell phone. Well a few days ago I accidentally broke the screen of my cell phone. Since it is a touch screen phone I am unable to do anything from it. Well there was nothing much data stored in the phone. The only important thing that I had in the phone is all the contacts information. Is it possible to recover all the contacts information from that phone? If it is possible then do let me know as soon as possible. I am waiting for your replies.

Re: How to extract contacts from a broken screen LG enV Touch phone

Everything depends on the memory that you have selected. Well if you have selected the phone memory for the contacts then it will get stored in the phone itself. So unless it gets repaired you will not be able to restore any contact information. If you have stored all the contacts information In the sim card memory then you will get all the contacts back. So it all depends on which memory you have stored all the contacts information. I hope you are clear with my suggestions.

Well I think that your screen has got damaged and I suppose rest everything is working fine. So what you can do is connect your cell phone via the data cable to the computer and try extricating various data from the phone. I have done some research in the internet and I found out some software’s for extracting data from the phone. One of them that I found to be quite exciting is the BitPim software. This particular software extracts all the data that are stored in the phone and will store it in a particular location of the computer. So do have a look at this particular software it will definitely help you.

If you are planning to buy some good touch screen phone then I would advise you to follow the above solution of extracting data via the usb cable. This would be very helpful. If you are thinking of getting the cell phone repaired then let me tell you that the repairing the touch screen is the most difficult task and the possibility of getting it totally repaired is very rare. So the decision is totally yours and its upon you to select with which decision you would like to go. I hope I am clear with my suggestion.

Thanks a lot for the help. Well the BitPim software that you have suggested has definitely helped me. I did some search in the internet and I found out that this particular software is quite exciting, so I went ahead, downloaded it and installed it in the system. I was successfully able to extract all the contact information from my phone to the computer. I am planning to buy a new touch screen phone for myself and I am thinking of getting something from the LG itself. Anyways thanks for the efforts of providing some useful information to help me solve this particular issue.