Thread: Samsung Impression Freezes

Samsung Impression Freezes

Last week, my dad gifted me the Samsung Impression. I was very happy with the phone but last night I experiences some problem with that. Whenever I try to use the virtual keyboard then it freezes the phone. This is very frustrating because, I use the phone especially for messaging and whenever I try to type any message then the phone freezes and am not able to continue. Apart from this, all the other things are working very well and I am not having any trouble with them. Can you tell me any fix for that? Thank you.

Re: Samsung Impression Freezes

As you told that you dad has given it to you last week and if that is bought new then the phone will be still under warranty. You should first check for that. If that is under warranty period then you should not do anything from your side. Just take it back to the dealer from where you bought it. If they are not helpful then you can directly contact to the Samsung support and ask them for the issue. This will be the best and the safest way for you to get the solution for the issue that you are facing.

There is one unknown problem that occurs when you try to use the soft qwerty keyboard. In my case whenever I try to press the letter I followed by the space then the phone freezes and sometimes it restarts the phone. The easy way to get out of this issue is to use the built in qwerty in the place of the soft qwerty. I am still to able to understand that why people use the soft keyboard for the qwerty slider. Anyway, it’s your choice and I am using the built in qwerty and do not feel any problem with that.

There may be some problem with the firmware that is installed in your computer and that is the reason that you are facing the problem with that. So check the version of the firmware that is installed in your phone and see if the updated version of it is available on internet. If that is available on the internet then download and installed that to your phone. I have seen that there are many cases where updating the firmware solves the issue. I wish that this will also do the same for you.

It looks like that the Samsung handsets as of AT&T are not accurately what you can call “stable”. Updating the software can be one of the good options for this that can fix an extremely infuriating problem. It is possible that there is some problem with the memory card that you are using. If that is having some bug then also you will get t5he problems. To check that, just remove the memory card from your phone and start your phone without the memory card. Try to use the virtual keypad. If that is working properly then it will confirm that the problem is with the memory card. Format the card completely from your computer. You can make use of the card reader to connect that to your computer. After format, insert the card back to your phone and I don’t think that this will create the problem again.