Thread: How to unlock Nokia 5230 Nuron

How to unlock Nokia 5230 Nuron

I have Nokia 5230 Nuron here and I really have a lot of trouble with this cell phone. I have more than one SIM card here and the thing here is that when I try to insert the other SIM card I have seen a lot of trouble with the same. I have seen that it is stuck with the current service provider. Whenever I insert the other SIM card that I have here I have seen it asking me questions and sometimes ask me to insert some type of code. Even after giving the code I have seen that it does not allow me to get the SIM activated. Most of the time it asks me to insert the SIM Unlock Code and the other option that I have seen it asks for is to insert Correct SIM Card. Now the scenario here also goes worst when I insert the older SIM card as well. I have noticed that the cell phone is not accepting this SIM card as well. I really need an explanation to this and I want to know what can be done here so that the cell phone can work in the normal manner as it was working before. Any help in the matter will be really appreciated.

Re: How to unlock Nokia 5230 Nuron

Well it seems that your cell phone is locked and hence you are getting the trouble there. It will be better if you can get the cell phone of yours unlocked and hence after you get the cell phone unlocked you will be able to have your other SIM card working for you there. IN the same matter I think that you will have to make a call to the service provider so that they can really help you with the unlocking. It will be better if you can simply follow the instructions that they give you there and then follow it accordingly so that you can give this a go there.

You can get the cell phone Nokia 5230 Nuron unlocked and the thing is that you will be required to make use of the code so as to get the cell phone unlocked. Uninstall the SIM card from the cell phone i.e. remove the SIM card from the cell phone and then switch on the cell phone. After you get your cell phone ON then you will have to compile #PW+CODE+1# or you will have to compile #PW+CODE+7#. See which one works in your case. Do this and then let me know if what I have said really helped you in getting the cell phone unlocked.

Well I have the same scenario in my case. I have the same brand of the cell phone and when I try to get the cell phone of mine to work with the other SIM card I have seen Wrong SIM Card message getting displayed on the cell phone. Also I have read on the internet about the issue and I have even seen that we can get it unlocked using the same code that you have mentioned above but the only issue is that how can I put up the code so that I can have the things in the working scenario. I mean to know how can I get P, W and + sign on the screen.

The code that has been given above will really work if you are looking for unlocking the cell phone. Now the code is #PW+CODE+1# so in order to bring up the letter P on the MOBILE SCREEN you will have to press the * three times for the letter W you will have to press the * four times and for the plus sign (+) you can press the * two times. Now the CODE that has been mentioned in the above code is actually the 15 digit unlock code there. I am sure that you must have understood the meaning and the way by which you can have the code inserted for you.

The authors in his post i.e. the very first post had mentioned that the cell phone is not at all taking in the original SIM card that was there in the cell phone before. So if you want to have the default behavior of the cell phone again then you can use the MASTER RESET option and then see if that can really help you there. In order to be soft with the cell phone it is recommended that you first make the Soft Reset on the cell phone and the code for doing the same is *# 7780 #. If this solves the issue then it is really well and good but if it does not then you can simply go with the Hard Reset and the code for the same is *#7370#. Make the backup on the cell phone before going with this step there. Do this and I am sure that you will have the first SIM card working in your case.