Thread: iPod touch won't restore

iPod touch won't restore

Hi guys !
    I have some issues when I was just trying to restore my iPod . I had done the same operation several time but didn't got this issue before. But I was trying to do it again and I got some issues here and it came up with the error message as
    "The iPod 'iPod' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)"
    Please help me guys ! I am unable to restore this ...

Re: iPod touch won't restore

You are right,there is no way to get rid of this issue and the same thing happened with me also but after searching about this I got some thing and it always helpful for me whenever I got this issue with my device . Just plug in your ipod, and then hold the home button and the power button until the ipod got switched off, it will boot up again, let go of the power button but keep down the home button. A message should pop up in itunes.

I got the fix for this issue and you have to follow the steps described below. Just follow up the steps. It will consume couple of minutes to perform, just go through this and it will be really helpful for you and would work at all.

-Just open up the iTunes application.
    -Connect the iPod with the computer system.
    -Hold down both the sleep and wake and home button until iPod restarts.
    -Let go of the sleep/wake button when you get the Apple logo on the screen.
    -Continue to hold home button until iTunes comes up within the recovery mode
    -Click on yes button and your iPod will be restored to its factory settings.

I am a newbie and taking the training for developing the applications for iphone and I have just used to install the beta 3.0 on my touch and that didn't work at all. I have installed the iTunes 8.2 beta but for some causes 3.0 cleaned everything when I restored including itself. I though that it can be solved with the help of restoration and I have tried to restore but that wouldn't work at all because there's no software to extract . This contains the same screen as when you first launched it up.Do you have any suggestion regarding this .. why ?

This is how you go for . I have figure out that you are getting unable to restore the ipod if you are working with a laptop. You have to work with a desktop computer and work with only the rear USB PORTS. After connected the ipod I configure the ipod to DFU mode. By keeping the Power button and Home button as well for near about 15 seconds and then skipping the Power button but still keeping the Home button for some 20 to 30 seconds. After that just performed the installation of the firmware from itunes and done. It took me two days to figure it out.

You required to go for the DFU mode which is also treated as Recovery Mode for the restoration of your firmware, latest versions of iTunes seem to know if you have done the Jail-breaking earlier or have tried to and will not let you restore or upgrade,. In this case, you have to switch the ipod within the recovery mode and then restore with the appropriate firmware as you think to go for .

huh , hi im haveing problems with my ipod irestored it and everything but it didnt work iseriously need HELP

Restoration is not really a tough job. To carry out the restoration need to press the On / Off and Home for 15 or 25 seconds until the iPod will automatically restart, having just turned back on releasing the button On / Off and just press the Home key, once reset we ask you to connect with the cable to iTunes, like the first time you buy. iTunes will detect your iPod in restore mode and will proceed to install the latest firmware of the device. If this were not downloaded to your computer will download automatically.