Thread: How to unlock Blackberry to any network

How to unlock Blackberry to any network

I am the owner of Blackberry cell phone and I really like the entire set of this cell phone. Well I really think that if there is any mobile with which some one should go then it is Blackberry for sure. I am saying this since I feel that if you want to make use of the applications that are running on the cell phone then for sure you should have Blackberry with you. Now the thing is that I have seen that Blackberry is dedicated to only one SIM. That is they work with the SIM card that had been inserted in the cell phone for the first time but they do not work with the other SIM. So I just want to know what is the way by which I can have the Blackberry cell phone unlocked to any network. Any help in the matter will be really appreciated.

Re: How to unlock Blackberry to any network

Well really; I agree to what you have said above and hope that you will enjoy the company of this cell phone. You have not mentioned the model of the cell phone that you have on your side and hence I think that I will just mention the way by which you can have the cell phone unlocked. I will let you know how you can enter the Unlock Code for the BlackBerry Bold (9000), 8800, 8820 models. For unlocking the cell phones from these suits you will not require the SIM card. You will have to remove the SIM card that you are having in the cell phone. Power ON the cell phone as this will be the basic step here that you will have to follow. After this you will have to go to the Settings option and then select the Options. Under the Options you will be required to select the Advanced Options there. Now in that go to SIM card and hold down the Alt key and press the mep2. You will see it asking you the code just enter the unlock code and then you will have the cell phone unlocked.

Well I am sure that you must have like the post that has been demonstrated above. Well in addition to this I just want to let you know that the above method also holds for you if you have Blackberry Curve Blackberry Javelin, Blackberry Gemini and Blackberry Onyx. While you will be doing the Unlocking please see that you keep the cell phone fully charged. Also in addition to this let me just tell you that when you will be entering the code at that time too you will not be able to see anything so just type the code and then wait for the cell phone to get unlocked.

I have BlackBerry Pearl with me here and I just want to know if I can have the cell phone unlocked. I have seen some of the places on the internet saying that you will have to have the SIM card so that you can have the BlackBerry Pearl unlocked and at some places I have seen that they say you do not need to have the SIM card. SO, the issue is that I am stuck with the very first step. Any help in the matter will be really appreciated. I was not able to find anything describing this so I thought of asking the same here. Let me know what is the actual thing that I will have to do.

Well to be cleared then let me just tell you that you will have to read the things clearly. Well if you have a dead SIM then you can have that in the cell phone but if you do not have the dead SIM then it is advisable that you do not insert the SIM card and just complete all the procedure in the below mentioned manner. It is preferred that you simply do not have the SIM card. Power on the cell phone and go to the Settings options. All the things in Blackberry are same but in the initial stages and after that you will see a major change. After selecting the Settings option you will have to go to Options and then Advanced Options. IN the Advanced Options you will have to see for SIM card and then hold ALT key and press mepp2. Again after this you will have to enter the UNLOCK CODE. Enter the same and then hit the trackball so that the necessary action can take place.

If you have Blackberry and that too from the 9700 or 9000 then let me tell you that the entire procedure that you will have to follow is same as that has been mentioned above but at the end when you are choosing the mepp2 option there you will see a minor change. There you will be required to choose and press the mep4 option there. Once you do that then you can enter the code that is desired there. Hope that you must have enjoyed unlocking the Blackberry cell phones. Please let us know if we all are missing on any of the other models from Blackberry.