Thread: All server certificates on my Nokia 2700 are deleted

All server certificates on my Nokia 2700 are deleted

Recently, One of my friend took my Nokia 2700 and deleted all the server certificate pages contained in it , that came pre – installed with it when I, purchased it. Somehow, I can still browse, which I managed to fix it. But somehow I still can‘t visit certain website‘s and I still can‘t open any attachments. And the important thing, I cannot download anything, I just not able to download, which is a part that I mostly do when I am on my mobile. Please help, waiting for your reply.

Re: All server certificates on my Nokia 2700 are deleted

I think you are in deep trouble now , there is hardly any way to fix your problem , my friend had to same problem with nokia N 95 , he unknowingly deleted all the server certificates from his mobile which eventually restricted him from installing any other applications . Check if you have all the following certificates Baltimore cyber certificate ,Entrust.net, Nokia content Signing Ca ,RSA Data Security ,Rsa Security 102,o=thawte Consulting(pty),Unified testing Initiative (UTI) ,Class 3 Public Primary Certificate and VeriSign Trust Network certificate. If any of the certificates is missing then it might cause you a problem, in anything right from downloading to installing software or applications

The above user have” almost “ given an accurate answer but you need to just go one step ahead by to get the problem fixed , Yes , you can fix the problem by yourself , by just seeing what sever certificate page is missing and then search the internet using the name of that certificate page . After that download it ( I know you cannot download anything ) but this page could be downloaded and then the pop up will come out asking for you to install the certificate page you have clicked . happy fixing …..

The best option according to me is that you should try formatting your whole nokia 2700 phone( including the software and the application ) and then get a new operating system installed from your nearest nokia care . I am referring you to this option because you don ‘t know how many certificates are being delete nor do you know the proper name of the sever certificate being delete . So there are strong changes that you may download a wrong certificate and install it , which would even worsen the problem , So it better to go to Nokia Care and ask him to re- install phone with a completely new OS .

A Hard Reset or Firmware update would help you to solve this issue. To hard reset your Nokia 2700 Classic you just have to press *#7370# and press Dial. The phone will request the security code that is by default 12345. Please be aware that you will loose all the data in your phone, so you should backup all relevant information. Its better you update the firmware if possible. So your data will remain safe. The latest Firmware release for 2700 classic is 09.95. Check your software version by tapping *#0000#