Thread: Can I have Android 2.1 on Nokia 5230 Nuron

Can I have Android 2.1 on Nokia 5230 Nuron

I wanted to have an Android Phone and I really wanted to have one for me. But the thing is that I never got a chance and at this time I even cannot afford to have the same. Now the thing is that I have the cell phone Nokia 5230 Nuron here in my case and along with that I have read somewhere that if I have this cell phone then I can have Android 2.1 on it. I have seen that the full name in the article was Silentmuffler: Android 2.1. So I just wanted to get it confirmed if this will really work on my cell phone. Will it be safe that I go with this? How can I have the same installed?

Re: Can I have Android 2.1 on Nokia 5230 Nuron

The name Silentmuffler that you mentioned in the post of yours directed me to the article I guess and let me tell you that it is really saying that you can have Android 2.1 on your Nokia 5230 Nuron. Well if it is really possible then I am of the opinion that it will really turn out to be a new revolution in the Mobile Industry and I think that you should give this a try for sure. You will have to download the Android 2.1 from the site and then you can just follow the instructions that are given below it. Follow the same and then let me know if what I have suggested really went in your way.

ON the same site of the article I have also seen the mentioning of the Silentmuffler: Android 2.2 Froyo for Nokia 5230 and I guess that you all there discussing on the this topic can have a look at the same and see if you all can dig out really important from that article there. Just give this a look for sure and come with some conclusions. If you ask for my opinion then I really do not think that it will be wise to go with something that is not official. Even though it is on the internet I would say before you give this a try let someone else give this a hit and come out with some conclusion in this respect.

I do not think that you will be able to have this combo working in your case as I have seen that Android does work on the cell phones from NOKIA but they work only with Nokia N900 and not other than this. So in one word if you want to go with my suggestion then I really think that it will be simply great if you can drop this idea for the time being and see if you can really go with something that can really work. I would suggest you to look for some of the applications that can work with NOKIA 5230 and can help you in experiencing the true power of the cell phone.

Let me just finish of the things. If you are able to see that Android is available for your cell phone Nokia 5230 and you are desperate then I would say that it will be simply great if you can give this a hit for once. Also if this combination really worked then I think that it will be a great step in Mobile development. The hardware of the Nokia Cell phones are really awesome but the software that runs on them are really slow and at the same time are buggy as well. So it will be nice to see Android one of the best mobile OS working on the Nokia cell phone. I am sure that you will like this combination. If you get into treble then please make sure that you have the Backup made on the data and then you HARD RESET your cell phone.

You all were waiting for the conclusion then I really think that my post can really help you all there. I have this Android 2.1 installed on Nokia 5230 and here are some of the conclusion that I have come up with. I have seen that when a tap is made on the top of icon messenger then you will be directed to Notifications Bar home screen that I really think is good. The icons on the cell phone are of 72x72 i.e. THUMBS SIZE. I have seen that after the installation of Android I have received 5 dissimilar home screens. These were some of the things that you might love but it has some things that you will really not like at all. If you are using the weather widget then after the installation of Android 2.1 in Nokia 5230 you will see it getting nonfunctional.

This will help alot of people as well as me. have also read Silentmuffler's article and i like it.

If you just want an android look, Yes go ahead with that. But it won't allow you to install or run android apps on it. Its just a UI Shell that gives you an android look. But remember, that Shell will eat up your battery as its a running application