Thread: Netflix on Samsung Galaxy Tab

Netflix on Samsung Galaxy Tab

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab and I have searched a lot for having a Netflix application on this tablet but I unable find out the perfect place from where I can download the same application for an android operating system. Is there anybody who has Samsung Galaxy Tab and have used a Netflix on it. Please tell me how you have done it. Hoping for a proper step by step procedure that I can understand easily.

Re: Netflix on Samsung Galaxy Tab

The application Netflix to watch movies or series, will be available on a few Android phones in early 2011. The lack of standardization of security mechanisms of mobile Google explains this restriction. A gap in the digital locks applied to content protected by copyright (DRM - Digital Right Management) explains the non-availability of the application Netflix for all Android phones.

"The main obstacle is the absence in Android platform security and a mechanism for content protection. The similar security issue that resulted in to piracy on the Android platform has complex security of a common system of digital rights management on these devices, "said Greg Peters , Vice President of Product Development at Netflix.

To overcome the lack of standard in security mechanisms and digital locks phones Android, Netflix is forced to work with each manufacturer. The goal is that they include each a platform of protection for their Android phone lines to protect the content rights holders. The application is already available to Netflix iOS phones and Windows 7 Phone, which are devices with a standard digital locks, unlike phones from Google. Netflix and Google will announce phones compatible with the application by early next year.

Early next year, some android will users get netflix streaming apps like those enjoyed by iphone and windows 7 phone users - but not everyone. We knew netflix streaming bringing it was working to android, thanks to those job listings it declared that all purpose, goal we did not know for sure what prevented it from happening soon. I think now is the time to get this application working on an android devices. May be in next couple months, It should be playful on devices.