Thread: Important: Nokia Universal codes

Important: Nokia Universal codes

Hey friends I am a Nokia 5330 user this mobile phone features are just far beyond my imagination ,it has an easy to use music player with 33 hours of playback time. In selected markets the Nokia 5330 even includes music service offering truly unbeatable value with all you can eat music. Hey guys I am very much eager to know about the universal keys in Nokia mobile phones, so that I can make the best use of it. I am using Nokia phones nut I am not aware of the codes that it has using which we can handle the phone better. So guys I need your kind help, and I am sure that this will not only benefit me but even my fellow brothers who are still unaware of these codes.

Re: Important: Nokia Universal codes

Hey friend I have some codes for you and I am sure you will find them interesting. One thing I want you to know that I have not tried any of these codes because I don’t want to screw my new Nokia N900. *#0000# will display your phones software version, software release date, and even the compression type. You can even use *#9999# code to look at your phone’s software version if *#0000# does not work. *#06# is the code for checking the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI). So these are some of the codecs am aware of.

SIM PIN Code locks the sim card until you enter the correct code. This protects your account, even if your sim is put into another mobile phone. The default code is set by the Service Provider the default code for Vodafone is “0000” and for virgin users it is “7890”. You can change the SIM Pin code , but then you should remember the code. Keylock is a way to lock your mobile phone keypad so that you don’t make any accidental calls by pressing buttons. The exact sequence of keys varies from handset to handset, but many use [menu] then * or pressing the * and # keys simultaneously. Note that this lock may not disable the power off button, and will not prevent the emergency call number being entered.

Some of the codes I found are as follows, *3370# this code will activate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) – so that your phone uses the best sound quality but talk time will be reduced by approx. 5%. *#147# this code (vodafone) lets you know who called you last. * # 9 2 7 0 2 6 8 9 # this will help you to get the Simlock information. 12345 This is the default security code. *#2640# Displays security code in use. *#30# this code will enable you see the private number. *#67# will allow you to check the number that "On Busy Calls" are diverted to. *#1471# this code is applicable for Vodafone users in case they want to know about the Last call.