Thread: How to Copy midi files to Nokia phones

How to Copy midi files to Nokia phones

I am having an infra red usb port on my windows vista computer system and I want to transfer some files to my mobile phone which is Nokia 6610. When I am placing my phone near to it then it detects my phone but then I am transferring midi files in my phone which does not show on my phone when I disconnect my phone from the pc. And sometime the connection simply gets disconnected.

Re: How to Copy midi files to Nokia phones

May be your windows vista system might not be having a proper drivers for doing such tasks. I guess you should do the same thing by connecting your phone by using the usb cable which is hard connection and it does not gets disconnected surprisingly unless and until the cable is loose. Once you have transferred the files from pc to the phone then you need to just try playing those files from your phone. If it works then you can say that there is something wrong when you transfer files by using the infrared usb.

Sometime it happens that the files that you have transferred to the phone are not really getting transferred because the memory card of your phone is not available in fact. I think you need to install the Nokia Pc Suite on your computer system and then make your phone detected on it after connecting it. Once your phone gets detected then you can transfer the files anytime but make sure that the file are sent without any interruption between the connection.

I suggest you to convert those midi file to the some other format such as MP3 and then put them into your phone and check that they work or not. I guess the files that you are transferring might not be compatible with your phone, though I know that your phone supports midi files but there might be something different about the file that you have on your pc. I suggest you to send some midi files from some other mobile phone to your and then check that they works or not.