Thread: Video settings supported by N900

Video settings supported by N900

I have got a new Nokia N900 just before few days and now I am about to store some videos on this mobile phone but before that I would like to know something from you guys. Actually I want to know that the what video converter people uses for making video compatible with this phone? I am running Windows 7 OS on my desktop machine. Can somebody tell me that what video settings I must do for playing them on my N900 phone such as format, Bitrate, resolution, sample rate?

Re: Video settings supported by N900

You can use any video converter on your windows 7 computer system to convert the video to make them compatible with the N900 phone. Which video formats are supported by the n900 would be mentioned in the manual of your phone, so you may go through it. Most of the mobile video formats are supported by it, In fact few more are supported. Resolution must be matching with the screen size of your phone which will give you the best quality.

This seems surprising, we're not used to that on the phones, but it is quite possible to modify the video played at the start of the N900. Even to play more as a result. And why not even read a few pictures. Trick of adding video into the directory / usr / share / hildon-welcome / media / and edit / etc / hildon-welcome.d / default. conf accordingly. To play multiple videos, just create other files that default.conf in / etc / hildon-welcome.d / These files are read in alphabetical order. So no limits to your creativity to customize the start of your N900!

I can not give an exact solution, not even the N900. But given that these files owned by root, you must place the files in its normal directory, then in console (terminal), copied to the specified location, using the "cp". It will need to install the application rootsh and, after the console launched, typed "sudo gainroot" to gain root privileges. This is advanced customization that requires putting a little hands dirty, and, for some, learn some tricks.

you just have to open the terminal and type this, rootsh must be installed (because access to '/' is protected):
    Code:
    rootsh # After installing rootsh 
    # sudo gainroot Skip administrator 
    cd / usr / share / hildon-welcome / media / # Go to the folder 
    vi / etc / hildon-welcome.d / default.conf # View and modify the file 

# Follow what has been said above 
    Press # on the screen, the icon CTRL and then press ':', click again CTRL and press 'W' and 'Q' to save and exit (ie: wq) 

exit # quit Shell
    I have not yet begun to manip on my side if not lol, but I think his trick should work ...