Thread: Sprint PPC-6700 dead after updating ROM

Sprint PPC-6700 dead after updating ROM

I have this cell phone Sprint PPC-6700. The issue that I am stuck with is really huge with me. The cell phone was hanging a lot and I thought that there was some issue with the firmware and hence I updated the same. Well till the reboot all the things were fine but after that it did not turn up. After giving it a try for number of times it eventually came up. Now the thing is that it is just having the white screen on it and really nothing more than that. Is the cell phone dead? As it seems to me the same. Please let me know about the same soon.

Re: Sprint PPC-6700 dead after updating ROM

NO if the screen of the cell phone is white or let me say this in another way that if it is turned ON then for sure the cell phone is not dead at all. The only issue with the cell phone is that you might have installed some weird update or it may be the issue that you might were not able to install the update in the manner as it was desired. IN order to get rid of the issue it seems to me that you will have to go with the Hard Reset.

Yes what you have said is true and I am saying this as I have also the same trouble with me here. Although I was able to get out of the issue by making the Hard Reset and I would also suggest you to go with the same. Just make your move in this way and see if that can really help you. IN addition to this let me also suggest you that it will be simply great if you can before installing any software or updates and if the updates is really sophisticated and has really something to manipulate the firmware then please have a dual check on the same and then go with the installation. It is really appreciable that you make the search for the same and see if you do not get caught with such issues. I missed on the same but really learned a valuable lesson.

I am of the opinion that you will have to go to the service center in this matter as I have seen that the updates that this days are available on the internet are not that reliable and hence if you have got it installed then it will be removed only if you will have the same to the service center. Well I have not seen any official announcement for the same but looking at the whole scenario that is there on the internet I would say that this is the feasible path to go with.

Hard Reset is really the thing that I would recommend here. IN case of the Sprint PPC-6700 doing the Hard Reset is really and pretty nice. You do not have to download anything in addition to this all you have to do is press both the soft keys. Keep them holding till you see any prompt box coming up to your screen. Once you see anything like that then you will be required to select the Y option in order to go with the Hard Reset and N option if you do not want to go with the Hard Reset. Once you select the Y then you will have to wait for some time so that the Hard Reset on the cell phone can be accomplished. Please while going with the reset make sure that the battery on the cell phone is fully charged, so that the things do not end in half.

While going for the updates there are some of the things that you will really have to take care of. USB cable should be fine and the cell phone should be fully charged. Now go to the official site from your system and then plug the data cable on the cell phone and the other end of the data cable to the system. While doing this make sure that the cell phone is switched off. After making the connection you will have to switch on the cell phone and the select the Start option. Go to Computer and on the removable device icon make a double click. Now click and then drag the firmware that you have downloaded to the window that is open. After doing this you will have the firmware in stalled in your cell phone.