Thread: iPhone 3GS freezes in low temperature

iPhone 3GS freezes in low temperature

I am using my iPhone 3GS from last few months and there was no problem with this phone. Yesterday when I woke up in the morning going for some work out, Environment was damn cool and first rays of sun was so great. So I thought to capture that moment with my iPhone's camera but suddenly my phone started slowing down and then got frozen. It got unlocked normally but then took bit long to start the camera application and at the time of clicking an image, It got freeze. Does anybody has any such problem on their iPhone?

Re: iPhone 3GS freezes in low temperature

I guess your phone does not have anything wrong as it must be working normally in your home or at some place where the temperature is not so cold, as per your sayings. I don't think that your phone have got freeze because of the temperature around it but there could be some other reason which might have made it slow to work and finally stop working. I suggest you to scan your whole device as there could be some virus which might affecting the functionality of your phone.

I have seen similar kind of issue on an iPhone when it gets overheated. Actually your phone shows warning which says that the let your phone cool down before you can use it. Similarly there could be something with the lowest temperature as well, If not then it could be something that is never going to happen. Though any electronic device freezes at some low temperature but before that the person holding that device does not stay there to read any such warnings. I suggest you to check about this issue by using your phone in similar kind of environment, You may try it after placing in freezer for some time. Do it at your own risk.

I think your phone must get freeze when the temperature of an environment gets lower then the -10. It might happen that wind might be flowing rapidly due to which your phone might have got under the pressure and hence it got frozen. I suggest you to check about the same issue for few more times at different temperature as if it gets freeze at any temperature then you should give a check to your phone from an engineer.

Best way to deal with such issues is to put all the things on the customer care of an Apple where you can claim the warranty of your apple products. I guess if your phone gets frozen again and again irrespective of environment surrounding it, then you must claim the warranty of your phone. But make sure that your phone is not damaged or does not contain water drops or have not opened by any other ordinary engineer as in such cases your phone's warranty gets void.

Have the same error on 3G. Too hot is not definitive. Habs lying around now for two days, habs reset and still appears a few seconds after restarting the temperature warning. Say I was doing nothing. However, I had this error message in the last 14 months, already a dozen times since wars to start over again okay.Insofern I fear that the conjecture is true with the temperature sensor.